C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Complaints about the audio 20

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200
Complaints about the audio 20

Hi Guys, I have been here in this forum for quite enough time and I can see that you do give help to everyone. So I hope that you can help me.

Before I talk about my complaints with the audio 20, I wanna tell you that I have did some research and was unable to find anything so far.

I bought a 2013 C200 about 7 months ago. And FYI, C200 in middle east is the same as the C250 in the US.
Moving to the complaints, I was having one complaint about the screen since I bought the car. Sometimes when I turn the radio ON, I see a vertical red and blue lines on the screen that makes the screen like it is broken.

I went to the dealer three times for this complaint, but every time they tell me that the screen is just fine. And in the third time they told me after they checked it and found nothing that they need to keep the car for almost a week to contact Mercedes in Germany to know what is the exact cause of this problem. But I told them that I will bring the car later when I don't need it.

The second complaint happened last week, I stopped to buy something from a shop. Before turning the car OFF, I didn't turn the radio OFF as usual. Because it will turn OFF when I turn the car OFF.
Anyway, I went back to the car and turned it ON. But the radio station has changed to a different station. I tried to change to the stored stations but they all were GONE!!
I stored all the stations again, but I noticed that there are few things different.

1- I used to have a bluetooth audio stream and now it is gone.
2- Also I used to have the media interface for the iPhone and now it is gone too, even when I connect the iPhone nothing will show up as before.
I used to have around 6 things in this list, and now there are only 4.

3- When the radio is OFF, I get usually the black screen with nothing on it. Now the watch is showing up on the right left corner.

If anyone has ever faced any of the complaints please let me know if you were able to solve it. And if anyone knows how I can get the old setup with the bluetooth and the media interface before I go back to the dealer again.

I would appreciate if anyone can help, Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Complaints about the audio 20-2013-04-18-02.17.58-am.jpg   Complaints about the audio 20-2013-04-18-02.18.47-am.jpg  
Old 04-17-2013, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
My best advice - get video of it when it is doing it. Make sure you point out the date and time in the video.

When I took my car in for some intermittent reverse camera issues, they were able to use the videos I provided to help diagnose the issue.

It almost sounds like there might be a loose connection or short somewhere that is causing this - you might not be able to get the Bluetooth and iPod stuff back prior to taking it in if there is a bad connection.

Good luck... these things can be a beast to track down.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 C300 and 2014 Explorer
If it is "normal" it should be the same on other cars the dealer has. Check out other new cars on the lot. They don't have to be only c-class they can be e-class or s-class.

In the US the dealer will give you a free loaner MB if they keep your car.

BTW those lines are not normal, you have a problem.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:57 PM

C200
Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy
My best advice - get video of it when it is doing it. Make sure you point out the date and time in the video.

When I took my car in for some intermittent reverse camera issues, they were able to use the videos I provided to help diagnose the issue.

It almost sounds like there might be a loose connection or short somewhere that is causing this - you might not be able to get the Bluetooth and iPod stuff back prior to taking it in if there is a bad connection.

Good luck... these things can be a beast to track down.

The picture shown up is taken from a video, I already took a video of the whole start up for the radio that shows all these weird lines. I went to the dealer for the second time and I showed them the video and they said that they would check it out.
The third time I went to the dealer but a different branch which is supposed to be better, and I showed the video too. But this time I went inside their workshop to talk to the tech. guy and show him the video. But again they were not able to find anything.

You might be right, it could be a short somewhere that stops the bluetooth from working.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:05 PM

C200
Originally Posted by Captfx
If it is "normal" it should be the same on other cars the dealer has. Check out other new cars on the lot. They don't have to be only c-class they can be e-class or s-class.

In the US the dealer will give you a free loaner MB if they keep your car.

BTW those lines are not normal, you have a problem.

I will check with other cars if the dealer would allow me to do that. But I think I am the only one who has this problem, because if their were others who have this problem then they will have an immediate solution for it.

I should ask them to give me a free loaner MB when I bring my car in next time, but you know that in the dealer they have a disk for rental cars. So it is like they will tell you to go and rent a car because we will not give you one.

I am sure they are not normal, but hopefully they will be able to find the cause very soon