C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

"Tire Pressure Monitor Inoperative"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
"Tire Pressure Monitor Inoperative"

so i had this message come up tonight on the dash. with it is the yellow tire symbol illuminated on the right side. it blinks, sometimes it doesn't, but it's now always lit in some way.

all tire pressures are a-ok. car is an '09 C 63 with 2700 miles.

so, i can't reset it. it doesn't allow me to do it from the dash because it says it's inoperative. which leads me to believe it's not a sensor, but it's the receiver in the car. i'd like to hard reset it by pulling the fuse (actually i'd like to check the fuse first) but I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO FIND OUT WHAT FUSE IS FOR THE TPMS SYSTEM!

where the heck are the fuse diagrams for all the fuse blocks??? i looked in all the books, i looked in the spare tire equipment...nothing.

Last edited by builthatch; 04-26-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:08 PM

C63
Originally Posted by builthatch
so i had this message come up tonight on the dash. with it is the yellow tire symbol illuminated on the right side. it blinks, sometimes it doesn't, but it's now always lit in some way.

all tire pressures are a-ok. car is an '09 C 63 with 2700 miles.

so, i can't reset it. it doesn't allow me to do it from the dash because it says it's inoperative. which leads me to believe it's not a sensor, but it's the receiver in the car. i'd like to hard reset it by pulling the fuse (actually i'd like to check the fuse first) but I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO FIND OUT WHAT FUSE IS FOR THE TPMS SYSTEM!

where the heck are the fuse diagrams for all the fuse blocks??? i looked in all the books, i looked in the spare tire equipment...nothing.
hmm, ok i found this. in the thread where i found it, they mentioned there is a diagram in the car somewhere but i didn't see one anywhere. for some reason i thought there was one in the trunk so i looked all over the place but...no dice.

so anyway it looks like it's position 70 in the rear (trunk) block.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
w204 Fuse Diagram.pdf (1.01 MB, 1754 views)

Last edited by builthatch; 04-26-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:55 PM

C63
dang i didn't know there was a time limit on edits.

here is an update: https://mbworld.org/forums/5632497-post7.html
Old 08-06-2015, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
What was the resolution?
Old 08-06-2015, 02:44 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Sincity
What was the resolution?
here you go. the thread from elsewhere is in the second post. edit time limit expired so i couldn't edit the first post of this thread with the resolution.

Originally Posted by builthatch
I'm here and they've checked it all out. Apparently all the components are responding to tests just fine so they are applying a TSB that involves something with the ground for the TPMS control module. I asked for a copy but they said they can't provide it. Anyone know how I can check that out? I'll be here for about two hours for the repair. Fingers crossed.

Update: the fix worked. Apparently there is a ground issue where it invites interference which makes the control module freak out. They moved the ground, as well as shortened it.