C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Quick Door Pin Q...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 09:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C250 4Matic
Quick Door Pin Q...?

Guys,

Swapped out the door pins today. Easy but the Front Passenger needed a wrench to get it on as elbow grease just wasn't working. Done though.

The rears. We all know it is a pain. I began looking at taking the door panel off to get them done properly. Checked online and reviewed the threads. Does anyone have an actual step by step or could post a video??

Much appreciated,

Adam
Old 06-21-2013, 03:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
I have a diy on how to replace front door speakers here somewhere, the rear door panel sits just about same as the front.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:06 AM

2010 C250 4Matic
I think I was able to find it. I read one.. I was having trouble tonight getting enough grip to pull the panel off. Took out the two bolts and tried to wedge a putty knife in. Scared a little honestly...
Old 06-21-2013, 04:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
you need to yank very firmly and hard, itll sound as if you broke it when it comes off but done right it wont break.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:28 AM

You have to take apart the door to replace the pins?? damn, I thought it was just a simple unscrew/rescrew and was looking for a set that sat flush when locked. I like to rest my arm on the door and the stock pin is always poking me.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Originally Posted by Drazil
You have to take apart the door to replace the pins?? damn, I thought it was just a simple unscrew/rescrew and was looking for a set that sat flush when locked. I like to rest my arm on the door and the stock pin is always poking me.
Front-Yes
Rear-No
The rear are a type of friction/Ball & Socket mount. Honestly- Stupid design.
The top edge of the door hangs over a lip. Start pulling from the bottom and it will be easier.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by Drazil

No door trim removal needed. Read here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...door-pins.html
Old 06-21-2013, 11:45 AM

2010 C250 4Matic
Originally Posted by Sportstick
No door trim removal needed. Read here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...door-pins.html
I have read a bit about this.. maybe some silicone, crazy glue etc.. I notice that the passenger rear rubs a little with the new pin so I am thinking long term here and it may make sense to do this properly and pull the panel.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:46 AM

2010 C250 4Matic
Originally Posted by vic viper
you need to yank very firmly and hard, itll sound as if you broke it when it comes off but done right it wont break.
Would you mind giving me an idea on where to start pulling and how to get the panel off to a good start...? do the panels go back on just as tight also? I may actually have the dealer do this...
Old 06-21-2013, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by dolvio
Would you mind giving me an idea on where to start pulling and how to get the panel off to a good start...? do the panels go back on just as tight also? I may actually have the dealer do this...
I have done this and would reccomend starting at the bottom of the door panel. I used something to wedge enough of an opening so I could get my fingers underneath and then just "yanked" until it popped a coupld of the pin/clip things out. Then I just worked my way around the entire panel until it was free.

Once you get eyes on the door pin assembly it will make sense what you need to do. There is a clip attachment that secures the upper "pin guide" to the main pin holding portion. This, I believe, is what others have broken by pushing down too hard when installing from above w/o removing the panel. If you unclip the attachement, the you have free rain to pull, push, pry, etc the door pin out and then insert the new one.

Hopefully this helps.