C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Is the browser no longer installed in the new N/A COMAND HUs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 09:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is the browser no longer installed in the new N/A COMAND HUs?

I was reading several threads started last year about the new NTG4.5 HUs and how people were able to enable the browser in the engineering menu, then pair it with their phones. I've been diving around in the menu all night and can't seem to enable it. I noticed that the "Browser" and "MB Services" options in 7.7 are greyed out for me and both are set to "off". I tried enabling the "Tel SAP Module" and "Telephone RFP" as one of the threads suggested, but nothing happened. The globe finally appeared when I enabled both "WA" options but that only turned on the SIRIUS Weather and it was still missing the browser and google maps.

I also went into the secret second Engineering Settings menu but as far as I could tell, that menu only has visual settings.

What I really want is the google maps integration, as the POI database and search in the stock Nav is brutally crappy.

Is there an option that will enable the browser and mb services? or did MB finally get around to deleting those from the firmware.