C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

A/C weird problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 02:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merc C220 Wagon
This is amazing!!!

thank you so much NZ-Merc.

I’ll definitely look into how I can release some gas and test it for a few days!

I’ll report back as soon as I have some results.

I’m just so happy there’s been an update and solution. Thanks so much for your response
Old 01-02-2022, 04:09 AM

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts
W204 C200, BMW E30 M3, 1980Gt Mini, Toyota Corona, KTM 200 EXC.
No worries all good.
This is the original thread I replied to and I have not had the issue since 2017 when I lowered the level of refrigerant charge, if you look at this thread and see my reply.

On the low side gauge drop it down 5psi from what ever it is reading, ie at 1500RPM gauge measures 20 psi then let some out so it now reads 15psi and try that.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...0-c-issue.html
Old 01-02-2022, 08:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'11 MB C300, '93 Toyota Supra T , '12 Chevy Cruze
This can be a few things.

more importantly, you need to fill the car up using refrigerant by weight, not by pressure. Because this is a compressor that has a swash plate. volume changes in the system so using pressure to see if you have too much or not enough pressure isnt accurate enough.

I had a similar issue with my car, and revving the engine sometimes kicked it back on. Even with the right refrigerant weight, it didnt solve my issue.

i replaced the compressor and added more Pag oil , and refilled the refrigerant by weight and its been perfect. What led me to replace my compresssor was when i turned the car on and the ac did not work and the ac light inside the car didnt flash, i very very carefully taped the front of the ac compressor pulley with a small hammee(end of a heavy screwdriver works too) very lightly, and it would kick the ac compressor on after 2-3 taps. Something was wrong inside the compressor. I had also changed the solenoid and the issue still persisted. Thus i changed the entire compressor. Been working since (2 summers)
Old 06-19-2024, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 4matic sport
Originally Posted by The Lover
@Acapulco Bill you mean if the magnetic clutch mechanism is worn or defective, meaning replacing the A/C Compressor !!!
and how should I clean it and solve the lubrication problem please ?
also another hint , if the weather is hot , the cold air won't come at all , and also at night it works by it self , but when the A/C works at night , first 2 minutes left vents blow cold and right vents blow warm , later all cold together
so now the rev engine won't work any more if the weather is hot and I haven't started my car since early morning
please help solving the issue because in my city there's only 1 MB service center and they told me they can not accept my car until they give me an appointment which is three weeks later

My w204 does the same thing. It wont blow cold when its really hot out, when you need it. To annoying these cars have so many small problems.
Old 06-22-2024, 08:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
200cdi w204
Diagnosing an air conditioning problem is not difficult.
With a diagnosis capable of entering your air conditioning unit, it is possible to do so, you have to look at the refrigerant pressure first, failing that you can use a gauge bridge.
The first option will always be better if you are not a refrigerator owner.