C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Problems with Spotify and MOG and the Media Interface

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 11:27 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2014 E63 AMG S
Problems with Spotify and MOG and the Media Interface

Hey everyone,

I've been having problems streaming music via Spotify or MOG using the Media Interface and my iPhone 5. I use the 30 pin cable from my media interface and a 30 pin to thunderbolt adapter for my iPhone. Music will play normally, from whatever is on my iPhone at the time, but when I switch to MOG, I get weird track info:
https://i.imgur.com/Gt90K9q.jpg

Anyone have this problem? I think it might be an app issue, because Spotify will work about half the time, but the track duration will never be correct. MOG is completely broken, the comand dial cannot change the song at all.

Using bluetooth works well with both services, but I'd like to charge my phone and get album art...
Old 07-24-2013, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB C300 Sport
Originally Posted by JaredP
Hey everyone,

I've been having problems streaming music via Spotify or MOG using the Media Interface and my iPhone 5. I use the 30 pin cable from my media interface and a 30 pin to thunderbolt adapter for my iPhone. Music will play normally, from whatever is on my iPhone at the time, but when I switch to MOG, I get weird track info:
https://i.imgur.com/Gt90K9q.jpg

Anyone have this problem? I think it might be an app issue, because Spotify will work about half the time, but the track duration will never be correct. MOG is completely broken, the comand dial cannot change the song at all.

Using bluetooth works well with both services, but I'd like to charge my phone and get album art...
I've had this issue in both my C300 & another car with an aftermarket Kenwood unit. It seems to be from the app, as sometimes the tracks update and other times it just lists Track xx. I don't think there's anything we can do unfortunately.

Just curious, does your iPhone 5 charge while playing with just using the Apple Lightning to 30-pin? I bought a 30-pin extension cable & routed it to near the shifter to my mount and then use the Apple L-30pin but it won't charge.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:39 PM

2014 E63 AMG S
Yes mine does charge, mine is a smaller converter cable, maybe 4 inches long. I contacted Spotify and they say they don't yet "Support" a MB media interface... oh well. Do you know if bluetooth streams at the same quality as the media interface?
Old 07-24-2013, 04:38 PM

MB C300 Sport
Hmm, I may have to pick up one of the Scosche Passports then to convert to 5v to charge it. Typically Bluetooth compresses the audio and streams it, and in my experience it always sounds worse than via a direct connection. If you can, plug it in - you won't have to worry about draining the battery and get a clean sound transfer :-)
Old 07-25-2013, 12:29 AM

2014 E63 AMG S
Yeah I've heard of people using requiring those to charge using the adapter, weird that it works for me. I'm a pretty big stickler for lossless audio, so it's a tough decision between bluetooth with proper track info, or media interface with flaky track info. Do you know of any other streaming service that works with the Media Interface?
Old 07-25-2013, 12:26 PM

MB C300 Sport
Not that I know of. My '09 doesn't do BT streaming so I can't say for sure.