C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Weird Transmission Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 01:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300
Weird Transmission Issues

Hi guys,

I have a 2011 C300 and I am having one hell of a time trying to get the dealer to diagnose the problem with my car. The problem is very intermittent, and is almost impossible to reproduce.

Here are the issues:
Strong vibration when in drive and not moving
Strong vibration during hard acceleration
More engine noise in the cabin
Something under the car "thunking" when coming to a stop.
Much higher than normal deceleration when releasing gas pedal (a very strong engine brake... I have only experienced such deceleration when driving a diesel exhaust braking system.

I was searching around and found something about flex disks. Could this possibly be the problem?
Is this something that would be covered under warranty if this is the case?
I have read horror stories about transmissions dropping or failing completely.. even causing injury to occupants and I don't want this to happen.

The dealer won't look under my car unless he can reproduce the problem (again very intermittent.. when I was driving it and it occurred for about 10 minutes straight i drove right to the dealership, but by the time i got there it had already ceased.)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz C300 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by MikeClory
Hi guys,

I have a 2011 C300 and I am having one hell of a time trying to get the dealer to diagnose the problem with my car. The problem is very intermittent, and is almost impossible to reproduce.

Here are the issues:
Strong vibration when in drive and not moving
Strong vibration during hard acceleration
More engine noise in the cabin
Something under the car "thunking" when coming to a stop.
Much higher than normal deceleration when releasing gas pedal (a very strong engine brake... I have only experienced such deceleration when driving a diesel exhaust braking system.

I was searching around and found something about flex disks. Could this possibly be the problem?
Is this something that would be covered under warranty if this is the case?
I have read horror stories about transmissions dropping or failing completely.. even causing injury to occupants and I don't want this to happen.

The dealer won't look under my car unless he can reproduce the problem (again very intermittent.. when I was driving it and it occurred for about 10 minutes straight i drove right to the dealership, but by the time i got there it had already ceased.)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
This sound like my issue with the transmission. [Something under the car "thunking" when coming to a stop.] My felt like the transmission total disengage when stop from a high speed to zero and engage once again.

I had transmission fluid changed per required interval twice. It still have the same issue so I asked to have them checked while I was there for my alignment.
They said it's the "transmission conductor plate" need to be replace, cost $1,200. Now, they need to replace the "body valve" per Mercedes Benz in order to program the transmission. So the total is now $2K, but the dealer willing to give me a 10% off.

My is at 78K miles on a 08 C300 4matic. Hope this help.