C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Rear View Camera (yes I did a search first)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Doa
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by polar13
Just an observation. Both units you ordered say they are for the 7" screen which come with the Comand system. You have audio 20 which has a 5 inch screen. That could be why that unit is not working.
? Carlos.33193 said he has NTG4.5 so it means he has the COMAND online
Old 08-11-2013, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C204
Originally Posted by Doa
? Carlos.33193 said he has NTG4.5 so it means he has the COMAND online
Oops that is a good point. I was thinking all 2012 cars with the command had the backup camera. But that is probably just in the US and may only be 2013.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:22 PM

C250 2012
Yep I have comand ntg 4.5, the interface I bought is just malfunctioning. I tried it on my test bench and its definitely not working. I will post back when I receive the second module I ordered from car solutions.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm confused... if you already have NTG4.5 why is there a need for the veyron module? the NTG4.5 should already have an input for the reverse cam.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:24 PM

C250 2012
No idea. When I pulled the headunit out it says comand ntg 4.5 on it. I checked in the back and there's no fakra connections available it already has something plugged in both ports. My car has the harman kardon logic 7 in it, no nav but has multimedia interface in the center console, no hard drive built in either. In the engineering menu it has no option for rear camera and the menu is different than others I've seen.

Is this a 2012 thing or what? It's a c250 sport.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:28 PM

C250 2012
So I contacted xcarlink and was told that the unit won't stay on if there's no can low/high signal. Checked the "plug and play" harness and of course some of the wires including the can low and high don't match my cars harness. Re wired the can cables to match those on my original harness and bingo, the interface stays on and works now.

The colors were different on my harness to what their manual says. Also on the interface there's an aux l and aux r coming out I'm guessing for those with aux input, I had to cut those because they matched to the wrong cables onu my car'a harness and was shorting out the screen.

Just need to wire the camera and run the video cable to the trunk, while I did this also left a second video cable wired to the interface for my iPhone in the future.

If anyone's wondering wiring this interface behind the monitor and routing the cables was for me pretty difficult and I don't really recommend anyone doing it unless they know what they're doing.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:57 PM

2012 C250 Sedan
Recap and verification

OK.

Thank you to everyone who is helping me by participating in this thread.

Just to review I have the small screen and no navigation system. I believe I have the A20. I have uploaded images of the engineering menu before but here is the front panel where radio and CD player is.

Now can someone please confirm for me what equipment that has been discussed here is most suited to my little C250 or is it just not possible.

I would prefer to use the existing screen and not add one.

Thanks again.

Scott
Attached Thumbnails Rear View Camera (yes I did a search first)-img_20130807_062327.jpg  
Old 08-16-2013, 08:33 PM

C250 2012
Originally Posted by smaction
OK.

Thank you to everyone who is helping me by participating in this thread.

Just to review I have the small screen and no navigation system. I believe I have the A20. I have uploaded images of the engineering menu before but here is the front panel where radio and CD player is.

Now can someone please confirm for me what equipment that has been discussed here is most suited to my little C250 or is it just not possible.

I would prefer to use the existing screen and not add one.

Thanks again.

Scott
That's the same engineering menu I have and couldn't find anything relating to rear camera, also the back of my head unit did not have any available fakra connections. Which is why I had to buy the additional video interface module which connects between the LCD on your car and the radio and hijacks the video signal when 12v from reverse is received. It also has 2 other inputs for whatever you want that you can switch between by pressing the down and holding for 2 seconds on the control knob. The module that I bought comes with a pretty cool and easy to use harness but its wired differently than my car and I had to change some of the wires around. In total I spent around $500 for this mod including the module and camera and a 4meter RCA video cable.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:28 PM

2016 C300 4Matic Sport
So here's a new learning from the COMAND engineering menu, for me anyway. When you enable the video you get the video feed. I've seen that you use SRVC as the option. When this is used, there is also a SRVC Guidelines that can be enabled. These are the guidelines for the camera when the car is put in reverse.

Now all I have to do is get me camera hooked up. Cheers.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:59 PM

2013 C250 - Lunar Blue
Originally Posted by KCaudell
So here's a new learning from the COMAND engineering menu, for me anyway. When you enable the video you get the video feed. I've seen that you use SRVC as the option. When this is used, there is also a SRVC Guidelines that can be enabled. These are the guidelines for the camera when the car is put in reverse.

Now all I have to do is get me camera hooked up. Cheers.

What do you mean "When you enable the video you get the video feed"? Are you saying that if I pug a camera into my head unit and turn it on, I will get the video on my screen?

Thanks,

Gus
Old 12-10-2013, 01:13 PM

2016 C300 4Matic Sport
I have a 2010 with the flip up screen (not sure which this is) with the iPod cable in the glove box. You have to disconnect the video side of this cable at the back of the head unit and plug in the camera using one of the Fakra adapters sold on eBay or Amazon. Then when you enable video in the engineering menu, yes, you will have a backup camera. It costs me a total of roughly $60 US. I've listed the items with a pic in one of my earlier posts on the subject.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by gusecu
What do you mean "When you enable the video you get the video feed"? Are you saying that if I pug a camera into my head unit and turn it on, I will get the video on my screen?

Thanks,

Gus
Old 03-07-2014, 12:34 PM

W21
Veyron VI-MBC Installation Problems

Hi
The Veyron Module do not work yet. Installation is done, but there is no picture
yet. The green lights do not stay on after connecting the power/CAN+/CAN- plug to the black Interface box. They turn off after 2 secons. Is that normal?
How to wake up the screen? Shall the green loose wire 12V be connected to camera Power+ before the first test?
My modem unit is the same as photo from Doa.
Model MB E200 GC1 Elegance W212 10/2011.

Can I get help please...
Br, Ian

Originally Posted by Doa
i use Veyron VI-MBC Video Integration Interface for the reverse camera it works for both the audio 20/50 and COMAND
here's the veyron module