C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

iPod nano cannot recognise in my C200 CGI (2010 Jpn Spec)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 200 CGI
Question iPod nano cannot recognise in my C200 CGI (2010 Jpn Spec)

Hi all,

I have a Japan Spec C200 CGI year 2010 fitted with Command APS single DVD system. I have the MB part cable for ipod integration which I found the port in my glove box. I connected the cable, connect my ipod nano to it. I couldnt see that in my display or not even recognised. Any advise why?

I have the original ipod integration cable hooked up to the port inside glove box and I use original apple interface for big to lightening connection on ipod / iphone 5'

Please advise what's wrong and how to rectify this.

Thanks in advance
Old 08-07-2013, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C300 Sport
Have not heard of any problems with the Nano and the iPod integration Kit. Try and borrow an iPod Classic or other standard iPod and see if it works. Could be a simple harness problem or a broken strand in the cable.

Also, you should have the iPod Amplifier as it adds sufficient gain to play the same volume as the radio or a CD. Make sure it is sourced from Germany, and NOT China, as these have high distortion, low gain and should horrible.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:05 AM

C 200 CGI
Originally Posted by Acapulco Bill
Have not heard of any problems with the Nano and the iPod integration Kit. Try and borrow an iPod Classic or other standard iPod and see if it works. Could be a simple harness problem or a broken strand in the cable.

Also, you should have the iPod Amplifier as it adds sufficient gain to play the same volume as the radio or a CD. Make sure it is sourced from Germany, and NOT China, as these have high distortion, low gain and should horrible.
The interface I use is original MB part. but the Nano is new one with lightening connection. I use the apple original converter. Still I dont even see the iPod on display at all
Old 08-07-2013, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 Sport
Still suggest making sure the system is functional using an older iPod. If so, then perhaps the new Apple standard (which has caused a lot of consternation in many industries - automobile, audio, telecommunications, etc.) which Apple jealously guards, means that the new Nano and iPhone 5 is not compatible with the iPod Integration Kit setup which was developed in 2008.

To that end, MB now does NOT have a standard iPod/iPhone connector in their latest models, the come with a metal 30-pin connector, and then the MB dealer sells you a cable that will interface with your particular Apple product. There are at least 3 variations of this, due to charging and now apparently pin layout in the newest tech.

If an older iPod works properly, then perhaps there MB call sell a new cable that will plug into the iPod Integration Kit that will both charge and recognize the new Nano. Last gen Nanos didnt even charge under the original Apple standard.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:01 AM

C 200 CGI
Originally Posted by Acapulco Bill
Still suggest making sure the system is functional using an older iPod. If so, then perhaps the new Apple standard (which has caused a lot of consternation in many industries - automobile, audio, telecommunications, etc.) which Apple jealously guards, means that the new Nano and iPhone 5 is not compatible with the iPod Integration Kit setup which was developed in 2008.

To that end, MB now does NOT have a standard iPod/iPhone connector in their latest models, the come with a metal 30-pin connector, and then the MB dealer sells you a cable that will interface with your particular Apple product. There are at least 3 variations of this, due to charging and now apparently pin layout in the newest tech.

If an older iPod works properly, then perhaps there MB call sell a new cable that will plug into the iPod Integration Kit that will both charge and recognize the new Nano. Last gen Nanos didnt even charge under the original Apple standard.
I tried classic ipods (old), Nano 5th gen, USB pendrives... still no show up on Audio drop down menu.. see pic below...

Old 08-14-2013, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 Sport
Still think you have a broken strand in the iPod cable if you can't get any iPod to display, or perhaps for some reason it has become disconnected at the headunit.

May need a free, with an A service, firmware update, as early-production MY2010 had some issues. This may be very economical to sort out.