C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Stock C300 Spring Rate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 300 sport
Stock C300 Spring Rate

Hey Guys,

I am about to pull the trigger on a 08 C300 sport. After have a Trailblazer SS for two months and having nothing but issues (including a spun rod bearing) I'm moving on to this car.

With my limited history of auto-x and track I thought the C300 Sport handled terrific! Very little body roll tight and solid feeling, too solid!!! I do a lot of driving and think that it might be worthwihile to lower the spring rate.

Does anyone know the stock spring rate and also has anyone attempted to make there c300 sport less stiff? I love the styling of the sport model, hence why the Luxury one is not an option. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2013, 08:26 AM

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
991 GT3, W212 E63-S 4Matic, W205 C300 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by cigarnut
Hey Guys,

I am about to pull the trigger on a 08 C300 sport. After have a Trailblazer SS for two months and having nothing but issues (including a spun rod bearing) I'm moving on to this car.

With my limited history of auto-x and track I thought the C300 Sport handled terrific! Very little body roll tight and solid feeling, too solid!!! I do a lot of driving and think that it might be worthwihile to lower the spring rate.

Does anyone know the stock spring rate and also has anyone attempted to make there c300 sport less stiff? I love the styling of the sport model, hence why the Luxury one is not an option. Thanks!

You can just buy a C300 Luxury and swap the tradional radiator grill for a Sport grille, they are interchangeable. Buy yourself a nice set of wheels and some window tints. Wah Lah -Sporty looking but, with a comfortable ride.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 300 sport
Originally Posted by qmciver
You can just buy a C300 Luxury and swap the tradional radiator grill for a Sport grille, they are interchangeable. Buy yourself a nice set of wheels and some window tints. Wah Lah -Sporty looking but, with a comfortable ride.
If I understand correctly, the grill, front bumper and side skirts are different on the sport versus luxury. That is why in my opinion, knowing the stock spring rate, then calling up h&r and getting new custom rates, seems like a much more feasible option. I will not have to deal with any body work and I would think that it'd be a lot less money.