C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2013 Mercedes c300 or 2013 Audi a4??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 02:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C250 4Matic
For my 2 cents here and putting aside the mechanics, engine, technology etc and simply looking at the brands as this does influence buyers, I will say that the Audi is an elegant and understated car that flies under the radar so to speak. The Mercedes is absolutely elegant and classy but is a little flashier than the Audi. If you look at some of the pictures of members cars on this site you will see some wicked cars that stand out. Snowmuch for example has a very nice car that would stand out far more beside most Audi's on the road and makes a certain statement. Although I find the Audi classy and subtle, the A4 (not S4) is boring when compared to the current C Class. Too be honest I looked at the BMW 328i as well and despite loving the drive the 2010 body shape didn't do it for me. Sure I could have added some nice wheels and made it look nicer but it didn't catch my eye. My C Class always turns heads and I love it.

Just some food for thought... I am a huge car guy and have owned over 18 cars and for me, when I see something that's for me, I know it right away. Go "feel" both cars, the lines, the shape, how the doors open, how the steering wheel feels, etc. You might think this sounds a little cheesy but it's a great way to get acquainted with your new ride. Picture washing the car in your driveway and what will excite you day after day. My immediate thoughts? It will not be the Audi A4.

Cheers,

Adam
Old 08-25-2013, 02:29 PM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
Factory ordered 2012 MB C350 w/Dynamic Handling Package
Originally Posted by snowmuch
How is it NOT relevant? S4 is related to A4 and is a much better bang for the buck, I'm just stating my opinion which has nothing to do you...you're not the OP

Kudos to your ignorance

Ha, you sound like a douche.

The OP has already chosen a car...and so as his "friend". All this is after the fact and no where does he bring up the S4. Although it is entertaining you thinking you are the subject matter expert And that other members here have no experience.

With the advice you give to would be A4 drivers about "smacking themselves in the head for not buying an S4", why didn't you take your own advice for not have gotten the C63? All this does is make you sound like an entitled *****. For all you know, perhaps his "friend" is similar to you in that the A4 may have been his first car and his father wouldn't allow him to get the S4.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by edgalang
Ha, you sound like a douche.

The OP has already chosen a car...and so as his "friend". All this is after the fact and no where does he bring up the S4. Although it is entertaining you thinking you are the subject matter expert And that other members here have no experience.

With the advice you give to would be A4 drivers about "smacking themselves in the head for not buying an S4", why didn't you take your own advice for not have gotten the C63? All this does is make you sound like an entitled *****. For all you know, perhaps his "friend" is similar to you in that the A4 may have been his first car and his father wouldn't allow him to get the S4.
You need to take a **** and look at your own reflect before you drown yourself from your "pride" before calling someone a douche. Your intelligence is no more than your trolling skills. Kid

Last edited by snowmuch; 08-25-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:53 PM

You need to take a **** and look at your own reflect before you drown yourself from your "pride" before calling someone a douche. Your intelligence is no more than your trolling skills. Kid
LOL nice. Apparently someone is not too keen on the details. Good luck in life. Perhaps "daddy" can help you with that future E63 as well.

Last edited by edgalang; 08-25-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
LOL nice.
I know right? Your lack of knowledge and manners is entertaining. I guess the previous video proved you wrong and now all you do is troll uh? Pathetic. The fact that you think op is your friend so he can only take advice from you shows how immature you are.

Last edited by snowmuch; 08-25-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Received 521 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Hey guys,

If you want to keep the conversation going, please keep it civil.

Thanks

BTW, feel blessed to drive a Mercedes or an Audi.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:04 PM

I know right? Your lack of knowledge and manners is entertaining. I guess the previous video proved you wrong and now all you do is troll uh? Pathetic. The fact that you think op is your friend so he can only take advice from you shows how immature you are.
LOL Again it is entertaining you thinking you proved anything and/or think is a subject matter of anything in relevance. You obviously live in your own world.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
LOL nice. Apparently someone is not too keen on the details. Good luck in life. Perhaps "daddy" can help you with that future E63 as well.

LOL Again it is entertaining you thinking you proved anything and/or think is a subject matter of anything in relevance. You obviously live in your own world.
Irony at it's best.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:31 PM

Irony at it's best.

That's probably the 1 statement I can actually agree with. Good job "buddy".
Old 08-25-2013, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
That's probably the 1 statement I can actually agree with. Good job "buddy".
Excellent, the one and only time you used quotation mark correctly. I don't make friends with stupid people.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Received 521 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
^ You two are about to take a vacation.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rock
^ You two are about to take a vacation.
Rock,

I apologize in advance and I'll understand whatever regulatory actions you need to do, to make the forum flow smoother; however I'd like to point out that this wasn't the first negative encounter with this user, and it wasn't until now that I've actually taken the time to write about it.

1- He believes himself to be a subject matter expert, yet he's openly admitted that this was his first car (I suppose 800+ posts does that to you).

2- He accuses others of "trolling" remarks when he himself has only been on the forum for a year.

3- He would easily criticize other choices in rides disregarding other people's finances, when he himself only bought a second-hand 300 with financial help from his parents.

I registered a little over 4 years ago looking for an informative community and to contribute from personal experience and photo's whenever possible. Perhaps it is a generation gap, but personally I just find his online mannerisms and negativity to other members annoying.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C250 4Matic
Rock,

I apologize in advance and I'll understand whatever regulatory actions you need to do, to make the forum flow smoother; however I'd like to point out that this wasn't the first negative encounter with this user, and it wasn't until now that I've actually taken the time to write about it.

1- He believes himself to be a subject matter expert, yet he's openly admitted that this was his first car (I suppose 800+ posts does that to you).

2- He accuses others of "trolling" remarks when he himself has only been on the forum for a year.

3- He would easily criticize other choices in rides disregarding other people's finances, when he himself only bought a second-hand 300 with financial help from his parents.

I registered a little over 4 years ago looking for an informative community and to contribute from personal experience and photo's whenever possible. Perhaps it is a generation gap, but personally I just find his online mannerisms and negativity to other members annoying.
I am not taking sides here but are you serious? You seem like the guy in high school who got into a fight then taddled on the other guy. You are just as guilty here man. Cheers,
Old 08-26-2013, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by dolvio
You are just as guilty here man. Cheers,
Sigh...you are correct. How does the phrase go? c'est la vie
Old 08-26-2013, 02:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Rock,
I apologize in advance
Hey edgalang, you act apologetic yet you're making up at lot of stuff hoping to get a emotional response from me possibility getting us banned. (This behavior is extremely immature and shallow) I'm no longer here interest to argue but you did pull a lot of shet out of your *** (excuse my language, I'm using the best term to describe this situation). So I'm just going to clear up some stuff here.

yet he's openly admitted that this was his first car
w204 is my first car and I absolute love it, however, that's no indication of lack of knowledge. I was advising S4 is a alternative choice to the A4 because it's better bang for the buck given that fact that the OP never stated his/hers financial situation. The recommendation was made based on OP's best interest, not someone who lives in absolute denial. (So our argument is S4 > A4 and you kept saying no then swear at me)

when he himself only bought a second-hand 300
I'm not sure that you're trying to insult me because I have a used C300. I never said that I'm financially wealthy, is that a crime?

If you must know, the car was purchase through my family business because I was able to save over $1000 in tax, it's called tax avoidance. Look it up.

I registered a little over 4 years ago
Basically your four years of reputation and respect gone in a puff of smoke.

I just find his online mannerisms and negativity to other members annoying.
You know there is a saying: "He who offends will first complain." If I can somehow bring edgalang to my level of play field, then there is not much to say...

Snowmuch out

Last edited by snowmuch; 08-26-2013 at 03:02 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:10 AM

Hey edgalang, you act apologetic yet you're making up at lot of stuff hoping to get a emotional response from me possibility getting us banned.
I don't need to make anything up. Everything I've stated came from you openly admitting to it from other threads. Some of us actually pay attention.

w204 is my first car and I absolute love it, however, that's no indication of lack of knowledge. I was advising S4 is a alternative choice to the A4 because it's better bang for the buck given that fact that the OP never stated his/hers financial situation. The recommendation was made based on OP's best interest, not someone who lives in absolute denial.
This is were you missed the mark. Perhaps if someone payed attention a little more one would know that the OP never asked, nor was the S4 ever in contention.

You missed the fact that that OP ALREADY has a car (C-Class hence this forum)...and that he was merely asking about his friend who ALREADY bought an A4. You however think this discussion is about comparing the S4, which no one (even myself) ever said wasn't superior. I was merely suggesting in a more polite way that perhaps people do not buy certain things simply because they ahem, cannot afford it.

I'm not sure that you're trying to insult me because I have a used C300. I never said that I'm financially wealthy, is that a crime?

If you must know, the car was purchase through my family business because I was able to save over $1000 in tax, it's called tax avoidance. Look it up.
I don't care where or how you obtained your vehicle. Honestly it is none of my business. I was merely using your personal example as a comparison with the jack-*** remark you made earlier about how people should not buy an A4, but instead to get a real car such as the S4, when you yourself live the irony of having gotten the base C-class. Get the drift?

Basically your four years of reputation and respect gone in a puff of smoke.
I never claimed to have any. Again it was to illustrate your lack of perception. To claim one a troll, yet he is of years a senior is thinking obtuse. I honestly hope we can lay this to bed as this is a MB forum after all.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Finally, we are back on track.

jack-*** remark you made earlier about how people should not buy an A4
My original comment was "If I were to buy a A4 I would either spent the extra and get a S4 or smack myself in the head for not getting a S4."this statement was based on my own opinion, I simply said I would regret if I did not spent the extra cash to purchased a A4 over S4.

- Did I make make a negative statement of his friend's choice of purchasing an A4? No.

- Did I state anything about other's financial situation? No.

You overreacted bro.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:08 AM

Finally, we are back on track.

Took you long enough to realize.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Took you long enough to realize.
Can't change the fact that your still taking self denial pills.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:13 AM

Can't change the fact that your still taking self denial pills.
Keep at it son...west side!
Old 08-26-2013, 05:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Keep at it son...west side!
The troll within this one is strong. I'm glad I aided to reveal the real you. Can you be nice and tell us your age?
Old 08-26-2013, 05:19 AM

The troll within this one is strong. I'm glad I aided to reveal the real you. Can you be nice and tell us your age?
If you pay attention and do a search you would already know. Yours is clear however.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
If you pay attention and do a search you would already know. Yours is clear however.
You could simply tell me. But whatever age it might be I'm sure it will not match.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:25 AM

You could simply tell me. But whatever age it might be I'm sure it will not match.

LOL....honestly you don't need to talk like your "mature".
You gave up that right on the 1st page.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
LOL....honestly you don't need to talk like your "mature".
You gave up that right on the 1st page.
I never use the word generation gap did I? Isn't it fun? Being older and act immature?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 Mercedes c300 or 2013 Audi a4??