C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

To anyone with a tuned CGI engine and Torque app (or anything similar)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C200 CGI
To anyone with a tuned CGI engine and Torque app (or anything similar)

I recently purchased a ELM327 OBD Bluetooth adapter and Torque Pro app after extensive threads on numerous forums including a thread by Acapulco Bill here. I got it mainly because

1- There really aren't any tuners in Hong Kong for MB's

2- Since I'm running a tuning box, and after having my car dyno'd a while back and feeling somewhat disappointed, I wanted to know as much as I could about what was going on in my engine.

From the app it shows that my AFR is about 15 during idle, under acceleration I'm mostly in the high 14's though when I let off the gas I hit high 12's to low 13's. However, I also see spikes of up to 29

Now I don't put my entire faith in this set up as it's not optimal for reading these vitals but it should suffice in giving an idea of what MAY be going on. I've also ordered and will by installing Ultra gauge as I hope it's more accurate than the app. I'm also debating installing a wideband AFR gauge later on when I custom fab a DP.

Rabbling aside, I was hoping to get the stats of other tuned/chipped CGi owners to see if maybe my stats were off where they shouldn't be.

From my research, the CGi engine is relatively high comp to make up for the small turbo and also considered high comp for a turbo'd motor, so I'm not sure if the AFR reading are then close to what it should be given the motor layout.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C200 CGI
So no one with a tune or box is keeping an eye on their engine vitals?