C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Few questions (new to MB)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 Mercedes C300
Few questions (new to MB)

I just recently purchased a used 2008 C300. I noticed some minor defects in the car and decided to take advantage of the free 30 day warranty (I also got the extended warranty) that the dealer offered. They agreed to repair all defects and provide me with a rental car free of charge.

Things that went bad.. and have been fixed so far.
  • The seat-belt sensor went bad after about 2 weeks. They have replaced those already.
  • The card-slot in the stereo system was not working. Euromotors confirmed it was bad and now has the whole stereo unit and is ordering a new one.
  • There is a small piece of the black under grille missing (like a crack). They are ordering a new one.
Now here are some things I am not too sure of as I have never owned a MB before.
  • The side mirrors open/close automatically when the car locked/unlocked. Now sometimes the mirrors make a weird noise that sounds like the motor in them is running even after they have fully been opened. When I first dropped the car of to the dealer and I showed the guy the problem it happened. But they said that they tried opening and closing them over 40 times and it never happened again. Well I just got the car back (without stereo) and it happened again. Anyone know what this is? Is it normal?
  • Another thing with the mirrors. The lights on the mirrors seem to be pretty big, yet only a small portion of them seem to light up when turning on the turn signals. Is the rest of the lighting not suppose to do anything? Is it just for show? Or is it not functioning properly?
  • In the glove department there is an ipod cable, but it is for the old ipods. Now I have an iPhone 5 which uses a new cable, I have tried purchasing an adapter from apple to see if it would work. It didn't. One of the guys at the dealer tried his old style cable iPod and it didn't work either. But Euromotors says it works fine and there is even power going to it. Is it just not meant to be for iPhone 5 users? Do I have to get an older iPod? What iPod is recommended to work?

Thanks in advance guys! Everything else runs smoothly and I love the car!!

Last edited by Flawed; 08-28-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:34 PM

08 C350
part 2a
My 08 C350 does the same thing with the drivers side mirror. Passenger side has never done it. Had it replaced under and extended warranty, the new one does the same thing. It does not do it every time, but is regular like about every sixth time. I just changed the setting (don't ask me how, can't remember the procedure, but it is in the manual) so they do not fold in automatically, and only do it myself with the button when in tight quarters.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:18 PM

'08 Mercedes C300
Originally Posted by djhurayt
part 2a
My 08 C350 does the same thing with the drivers side mirror. Passenger side has never done it. Had it replaced under and extended warranty, the new one does the same thing. It does not do it every time, but is regular like about every sixth time. I just changed the setting (don't ask me how, can't remember the procedure, but it is in the manual) so they do not fold in automatically, and only do it myself with the button when in tight quarters.
Ah thanks the info! Sorry to hear it was still happening after going through the trouble of replacing it even if it was free. Solves that question though.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
The 2008-2009 mirrors have large clear inserts but only three LEDs on the upper outside edge to light them.
I haven't even tried to hook up my iphone 5 but will give it a try sometime and see if/how it works with my glove box cable
Old 08-28-2013, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 215 Likes on 149 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
The mirror needs a limiter on the motor. My mirrors does the exact same thing and they placed a limiter on the motor and no more noise after it folds. I do recommend you to turn this feature off as it is pointless unless you really have to squeeze in a narrow space. You can turn this off by going through the setting on your dashboard under settings/ convinience/ mirrors.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C250 Coupe
Apple's Lighting adapter works with my 2013 C250 and iPhone 5. Not sure about on the 08 but it should be the same power wise. Other wise it should support pretty much any older iPod that used the USB 30 pin adapter and not the firewire 30 pin.