C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2011 C300 Sport 4MATIC - Transmission Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 08:48 PM

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 C43
2011 C300 Sport 4MATIC - Transmission Problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2011 C300 Sport 4Matic with approx 30K miles. Last Friday (8/23), as I was making a left turn into a street and at about 75% throttle my car's engine all of a sudden started vibrating and it sounded like an engine braking turning on and off. My car slowed down and I tried accelerating but there was no power going through. Finally, I decided to pull over to a parking lot and at full stop, I started pressing on the gas pedal lightly to see if the car would move at all. It did but very slowly; almost like little to no power going through at all. I put it back to park and tried again...same thing. So I decided to call the roadside assistance and my car was towed to the dealership. Since this was around 6PM, the service department was closed for the day so I went there first thing on the next day. They said they're gonna check on it. Fast forward to Tuesday, 8/27, around 10AM, they finally checked on my car and called me (I don't know why it took them that long to do it) . They said they found no problem with the car. They drove it for 10 miles and found nothing and they also hooked it up to their computer to see if there are any codes that registered and there was nothing either. They said I may have not noticed that I left the manual mode on a high gear, which shouldn't be the case because I put it back to park and tried it again. So I decided to just pick it up and go on with life.

Well, today, as I was on my way home from work the same exact thing happened. As I switched lanes to pass someone, I pressed on the pedal at almost full throttle (going at about 45mph), as it downshifted, this strange engine braking happened. As I tried to press on the gas pedal further, the RPM needle would just go up and down as if the power was cutting in and out. I made a right into a street and came to a complete stop in an intersection. I pressed on the gas pedal again and the car would not move at all...engine is still on though. I switched to manual mode and the car started moving so I just used it until I was able to get to a safe parking space. I put it back to auto and it seems like the problem was fixed so it's working fine now. I tried to reproduce the problem by accelerating hard in the parking lot but it didn't happen again.

Has anyone experienced this before? I did some searching here and I've read a few that experienced part of my problem. Any ideas as to what may be wrong? I'm planning on taking it back to the dealership again tomorrow for them to go in and do a more invasive check.

Thanks and I appreciate all your help and feedback.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c 300
This had happened to me b4 but with a honda accord instead. I took it to my mech, I told him I was pressing the pedal but no power is coming in and the RPM needles going up and down, he told me it was a misfire