C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

How do you remove Command 'Flip-up' Screen assembly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2013 | 06:17 AM

Mercedes C220 Blutec Sport Saloon Tiptronic Auto (W205)
How do you remove Command 'Flip-up' Screen assembly

I am trying to discover the source of an annoying rattle/vibration coming from within the centre left area of my dash board and need to access behind 'flip-up' screen. It's actually been present from when the car was first delivered from new, although more recently has become more evident. My Merc Dealer's quoted a minimum of 2 hours labour to investigate and stresses it could take them much longer, with no certainty of resolving the problem. So its down to me. I've had the centre vents and Command ASU out, but they provide no access above and behind the dash. I've removed the 2 x torx screws securing the base of the 'flip-screen' assembly, but the screen, although looser is still firmly held in position and appears to be held from within the dash somewhere. I've seen Command units advertised on 'second hand' market, so think it must be quite possible to replace or get them out. Can anyone here assist on this task?
Old 09-07-2013 | 08:25 AM
Doa
MBWorld Fanatic!

W205
like most mercedes parts you have to use some force.
if the screws are removed you just pull it out