C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Help With Exhaust Setup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 05:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C200 Sport CDI
Help With Exhaust Setup

Hey guys, looking to work out an exhaust setup for my 2010 c200 sport.
Everything on this car in stock yet. I've ordered some stuff such as the Quad tips which I wanna fit in. But I don't know how to achieve what im looking for. My preferences in sound terms would be a low but constant deep hum whilst idle and normal driving (if possible) but when I put my foot down, the louder the better

Possible???

Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.
Please note I am a noob at this so please explain in slight more detail if you can.

Cheeers
Old 10-10-2013, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C200 CGI
Not really, when I had my custom exhaust down on my c200, we tested the car with no exhaust after the downpipe. My friend standing right by the lift could not tell much of a difference in sound. It's disappointing to say the least. Even with my custom exhaust, down low there was basically no sound but at high RPM's she did sound something like a F1 car..........but only in the tunnels lol. I've now switched to an Eisenmann Race exhaust which in my opinion is much better all around, low down growl and high end noise.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C200 Sport CDI
Originally Posted by Knightmare69
Not really, when I had my custom exhaust down on my c200, we tested the car with no exhaust after the downpipe. My friend standing right by the lift could not tell much of a difference in sound. It's disappointing to say the least. Even with my custom exhaust, down low there was basically no sound but at high RPM's she did sound something like a F1 car..........but only in the tunnels lol. I've now switched to an Eisenmann Race exhaust which in my opinion is much better all around, low down growl and high end noise.

Hmm that is what im looking for, the low growl and then the loud noise..
Im going have to look into this cos I don't wana do it and then no noise..
Old 10-10-2013, 01:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C350
Exhaust sound and loudness is a very subjective topic. What you consider loud and acceptable could be too loud and overbearing for others. your best option is to watch videos on youtube of the same model cars as yours with different setups and find the one you like. Also, with a C200 you will not get great growl as your engine is simply not big enough for the deep growl you can get out of a C300 or C350. For me a simple Mangaflow X-pipe swap for the original was exactly what I was looking for and I spent a few weeks looking at videos trying to see what I like.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C200 CGI
Originally Posted by vipsa
Exhaust sound and loudness is a very subjective topic. What you consider loud and acceptable could be too loud and overbearing for others. your best option is to watch videos on youtube of the same model cars as yours with different setups and find the one you like. Also, with a C200 you will not get great growl as your engine is simply not big enough for the deep growl you can get out of a C300 or C350.
This, which is why in the end I got an Eisenmann, but I did it the long way and had to do my exhaust twice which is why I'm hoping to prevent you (the OP) from following the same road as me.