C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

09 mercedes c300 4matic sport OIL change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2013 | 01:55 PM

mercedes benz c300 4matic sport
09 mercedes c300 4matic sport OIL change

ok so I decided to do my own oil change on my 09 C300 sport 4matic. Ive seen that a TON of people use oil extractors and prefer to suck the oil out. great, filter is on top so sucking the oil out is awesome for people who don't want to get under the car a use the traditional oil drain method. we could get into discussions for days about which method is better. ive owned MANY cars and I have always drained the oil and never sucked it out. so yesterday before the football sunday began I decided to do my oil change. I use da full synthetic oil 0-40 mobil1. 5qt jugs are sold at Wal-Mart for 24.99 so I got one of those and 3 single quarts as I had some left over at the house. NOW in my owners manual it says 09 c300 sport 4matic takes 7.4 qts of oil and NOT 8.5 like most people on here claim. 8.5 qts is for c300 luxury edition and not the c300 4matic sport. either way i'll get into that later. so got the car on ramps and I noticed there were three black covers underneath the car. so I took of the last one as mentioned in many youtube videos on this forum only to find the trany pan. took off the middle one and found kind of an odd oil pan with a drain plug facing the driver side door. wasn't exactly sure if this was the oil pan as it has some weird 3 by 7 black cover/shield on the bottom of the pan. so what I did was I carefully broke the drain plug and soon realized that it was the engine oil. drained it and yes I did reuse the same drain plug. changed the oil filter and added the 7.4 or 7.5 quarts of oil to see how it would measure up on the dipstick. sure enough it was in the middle of the min and max so works for me. during my next oil change I will take pics and post them on here to show the whole oil change process using the drain plug method