C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Low beam failure - Any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 01:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2008 c300 sport 4matic
Low beam failure - Any suggestions?

About a year ago I installed an after market HID kit in my 2008 c300. About a week ago the passenger side low beam stopped working. I assumed it was the bulb. To confirm my suspicions I swapped the ballasts around and found that indeed the same bulb was still out. I contacted the HID manufacturer and received a replacement bulb yesterday. I installed the new bulb and it still doesn't work. My next plan is to buy a regular H7 halogen and plug it in to see if it works, but I am fearing that it won't.

I have searched google and this forum and found a couple threads with similar problems, but the OP never followed up with a solution. I have also read our vehicles do not have fused headlights, but rather they are controlled completely through the SAM. I have also read it is unlikely to damage the SAM with something like a short circuit because they are designed to handle such situations. I don't have a voltmeter/multimeter to test for power.

Does anybody have any advice on trying to solve this problem. More specifically, does anybody have any ideas I can try at home before heading to the stealership?

Happy Holidays.

edit: ...both my high beams are working

Last edited by tpdietz; 12-24-2013 at 02:01 PM.