C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Quick review of Philips x-treme vision H7

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 c300 sport 4matic
Quick review of Philips x-treme vision H7

When I recently bought our 2010 C300, one of the very few performance complaints I had was the poor visibility from the non-HID low beam projectors with the OE H7s.

After a bit of research, I decided to install Philips x-treme vision H7s. The x-treme visions are the latest, most current in the x-treme line, that replaces the Philips x-treme power. After a fairly long stint of night time driving recently, I can say I am really impressed with the "extreme" improvement in visibility.

I was not searching for an HID look or color - just all the usable visibility I could get without installing an aftermarket HID retrofitted kit.

My other vehicle, a G37xS, has factory HIDs which are simply "light up everything" awesome, so consider the bar was set pretty high in my search for a bright H7.

My second choice, which I've bought but not yet installed, is the European Orsam 65w H7, designated as "offroad". I plan to try these when the x-treme visions burn out. Although they are 10w more that the OE 55w spec, I've read boatloads of user reviews, from folks with all makes of cars, and no one has suffered any heat or melting or error coding with their use. I'll post a quick review of the Osrams 65s whenever I get around to installing them.