C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
View Poll Results: White C350 w/o pano roof. Should I..
Leave it stock
71.43%
Black out grill (but leave star chrome), inside of headlights and get clear bumper markers
14.29%
Do something else (please specify)
14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Partially blacking out white C350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Mercedes C350
Partially blacking out white C350

It's been done, I know, but I'm a huge fan of PARTIALLY blacking out my C350. In other words, adding a significant amount of black to help compliment the white. I don't want to get rid of all the chrome, but I think some black would contrast the white nicely.

Ill start by saying, I don't have a panorama roof and wish I did. I will also probably be rocking the stock wheels forever. I do like blacked out headlights, blacked out grill (though I can't decide if I like chrome on the grill left alone or blacked out as well) and the bottom of the bumper in the middle being black, but only with black wheels and a black roof, and as I said, I'm going to be rocking the stock wheels forever and don't have panorama roof.

That said, I don't want to go that in depth with this project, and I don't want it to look tacky when I'm done, so what are some things you all have seen that would look good, be subtle, yet at the same time noticeable, and would improve the look of the car? Right now, I'm thinking of blacking out the grill slats, and possibly the chrome on the front of the grille slats (but leaving the star chrome), blacking out the inside of the headlights, and getting some clear bumper markers. The rest of the car would be left alone. I don't want the front of the car to look off balance from the rest of it, and find I have to start painting other things on my car.

Should I go for it, leave the car stock, or is there anything you would do differently, besides painting/wrapping my roof or getting black wheels?

I included a poll so you don't have to read all this, if you haven't already.

Last edited by ||||||||||; 01-03-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:42 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Well the decision is yours if you want to black it out or not, not ours; it is your car so you should feel free to do whatever you please.

As for input about blacking out parts of your car, that since your car is white, black on white fits perfectly. If you had a black car like mine I cannot really pull off black-on-black, otherwise it will indeed look like I murdered it out. Some individuals however, managed to pull off the black-on-black look though.

Furthermore with your car being white, you can remove any chrome that you want. With the confusion as of what to do with your grill, I advise you browse around the Official C-Class pictures and see what other members have done to their front grills. Me personally, have chosen to go with the whole grill being gloss black with the Mercedes Emblem Kept chrome.(Only actual thing I am getting black on my black car besides tint.)

I also like the idea that you are going to black out the INSIDE of the head lights and not the outside. I dislike the tinted headlight but love the chrome blackout onside of the headlights. This makes the car look more aggressive, yet, keeping that clean Mercedes-Benz look.

The side markers you could go clear which is what most people do, but in the future I will be getting my side markers color matched with the light inside coded off.

Last edited by w204_Generic; 01-03-2014 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C 250 Sport Sedan
Ill start with ,its your car do what ever makes you smile...

Ive had white cars and I like the black on white contrast.
1. Id black out the silver on the grille and leave the chrome star and 3 strips or better yet swap the grille to a single fin and star (AMG style) black with chrome star and fin
2. black the center lower bumper (makes a more aggressive look IMO)
3. clear or white side markers -prefer a white
4. vinyl wrap or paint roof black
5. remove lower chrome strips on sides
6. powder coat the stock rims black

In general make everything either white, black or chrome get rid of the silver painted stuff

Last edited by xaran; 01-03-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Mercedes C350
I know it's my car and my choice, in fact I hate it when people make threads like this. Everytime I see one, I'm one of the people responding telling the individual to do whatever they want, and why ask people on a forum what they should or shouldn't do. Same goes to the "which car should I buy and why" threads. I have a hard time picturing what will look good though, so I wanted to ask for advice so I don't make my car look cheap or tacky. I want to go about this right.

I also have to be careful what I do, because I'm moving to Germany in June, and they have extremely strict laws on modified cars. I've read ANYTHING you do needs to have a TUV certification, so I'm not sure how they feel about things like blacking out the headlights and changing the bumper markers to clear, etc.

I think I may start with blacking out the silver on the grill (but leaving the chrome fins and star), and getting clear markers (same thing derspeed had on his white C300). That should be a good start, and then I can go from there. I might just leave the headlights alone, and do a black or CF lip at some point down the road and call it done.

Does anyone have a DIY on taking the headlights out and apart for paint so I can see what's involved? I would love to go all out and powdercoat my wheels, paint my roof and the center of my bumper, etc, but we're expecting our first child in a month, and I think my going all out modding car's days are over. Just trying to do a few cheap, tasteful mods to make the car look a bit more aggressive without ruining the classiness of it.

Last edited by ||||||||||; 01-03-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C 250 Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by ||||||||||
I know it's my car and my choice, in fact I hate it when people make threads like this. Everytime I see one, I'm one of the people responding telling the individual to do whatever they want, and why ask people on a forum what they should or shouldn't do. Same goes to the "which car should I buy and why" threads. I have a hard time picturing what will look good though, so I wanted to ask for advice so I don't make my car look cheap or tacky. I want to go about this right.

I also have to be careful what I do, because I'm moving to Germany in June, and they have extremely strict laws on modified cars. I've read ANYTHING you do needs to have a TUV certification, so I'm not sure how they feel about things like blacking out the headlights and changing the bumper markers to clear, etc.

I think I may start with blacking out the silver on the grill (but leaving the chrome fins and star), and getting clear markers (same thing derspeed had on his white C300). That should be a good start, and then I can go from there. I might just leave the headlights alone, and do a black or CF lip at some point down the road and call it done.

Does anyone have a DIY on taking the headlights out and apart for paint so I can see what's involved? I would love to go all out and powdercoat my wheels, paint my roof and the center of my bumper, etc, but we're expecting our first child in a month, and I think my going all out modding car's days are over. Just trying to do a few cheap, tasteful mods to make the car look a bit more aggressive without ruining the classiness of it.
If your taking it to Europe dont change the headlights, markers etc. The TUV certification process is strict.

Doing things like painting the grill, lower lip wont cause any problems. Play with it using PlastiDip to see if you like the look, its cheap and if you like it then paint it permanently