C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Interior LED kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2014 | 05:58 PM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Does anyone recommend any interior LED kits? I really am getting tired of the ugly halogen lights in the interior, and was wondering if there are any kits out there that replaces every single halogen bulb on the car with LEDs. (excluding the tail lights and head lights obviously, just all the interior lights, the trunk and doors, as well as the license plate bulbs.)

The license plate halogen bulbs are a MUST to replace, so please feel free to post any links to kit recommendations, without giving me light bulb errors.(Can bus LED I believe?)
Old 01-13-2014 | 06:19 PM

Factory ordered 2012 MB C350 w/Dynamic Handling Package
Originally Posted by w204_Generic
Does anyone recommend any interior LED kits? I really am getting tired of the ugly halogen lights in the interior, and was wondering if there are any kits out there that replaces every single halogen bulb on the car with LEDs. (excluding the tail lights and head lights obviously, just all the interior lights, the trunk and doors, as well as the license plate bulbs.)

The license plate halogen bulbs are a MUST to replace, so please feel free to post any links to kit recommendations, without giving me light bulb errors.(Can bus LED I believe?)

I recently got mine here...
http://www.etrailer.com/ilight-2012_...nz_C-Class.htm
(I would of gotten it from our forum sponsors...but I was buying bigger ticket items for another car as well and was taking advantage of an online coupon)

I've been watching some LED youtube installation vids stating that LEDs are polarity specific, but these aren't. These are very high quality and are EXTREMELY bright. At night, they might even be considered too bright (they will definitely affect your night vision).

I do find it funny that we are on opposite ends regarding philosophy for the license plate bulbs. While I agree in getting rid of halogen bulbs in general...for me I'd want my license plate light to be as dim as legally possible.
Old 01-13-2014 | 06:29 PM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by edgalang

I recently got mine here...
http://www.etrailer.com/ilight-2012_...nz_C-Class.htm
(I would of gotten it from our forum sponsors...but I was buying bigger ticket items for another car as well and was taking advantage of an online coupon)

I've been watching some LED youtube installation vids stating that LEDs are polarity specific, but these aren't. These are very high quality and are EXTREMELY bright. At night, they might even be considered too bright (they will definitely affect your night vision).

I do find it funny that we are on opposite ends regarding philosophy for the license plate bulbs. While I agree in getting rid of halogen bulbs in general...for me I'd want my license plate light to be as dim as legally possible.
It says for 2012 w204, but I'm sure my 2011 would be fine? I believe this kit only comes with dome lights. Is there a kit that includes everything? (I.e the doors, trunk lights, license plate lights.)

About the license plate lights; I have nothing to hide so I would like it lit up with LEDs.
Old 01-13-2014 | 07:26 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
You have the pre-facelifted model, so slight difference.

Here's the spec for your vehicle:
2 sets 194 wedge LEDs for your eyebrows
1 set 194 wedge LEDs for your sidemarkers (only needed if you've changed to clear/smoked sidemarkers)
1 set 194 wedge LEDs for your rear plates
1 set 3457 super wedge LEDs for your front signals
1 set 7507 bayonet LEDs for your rear signals
1 set 1156 bayonet LEDs for your reverse lights
3 set 1156 bayonet LEDs for your brake/tail lights
1 set 194 wedge LEDs for your rear fog
1 set 194 wedge LEDs for your interior front dome
1 set 194 wedge LEDs for your interior vanity mirror
1 set 194 wedge LEDs for your interior footwell
1 set 194 wedge LEDs for your interior rear dome map lights
1 unit 41mm festoon LED for your interior rear dome
1 unit 194 wedge LED for your interior glove box
1 unit 194 wedge LED for your interior trunk

And just for informational posterity, front low beams, high beams, and fogs use H7 units as you're sport model (luxury model uses H11 for fogs).

As edgalang mentions, LEDs for interior will be very bright, especially at night which is great if you're trying to look for something or read, but can be annoying if you're driving and your passenger is fixing her makeup in the vanity mirror (although she'll love the true white color and brightness for that). Also keep in mind that LEDs will not have the smooth fade out that traditional halogen bulbs have as LEDs are digital in nature and not analog. More expensive LEDs have several built in stages to simulate the dimming feature, but in general, those aren't really worth the cost as they can run 3-4x the cost. The LEDs we carry are 2 stage units meaning there's a torch mode and an ambient mode. This is great for places like footwells where they go bright when doors open, but dim down to a less obtrusive ambient setting while normal driving.

Let me know if interested and I can put a forum discounted package together for you. Even if you go with a different vendor, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
The following users liked this post:
LoFox (10-07-2024)
Old 01-13-2014 | 07:28 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Forgot to mention, depending on packaging, you might already have OEM LED rear signals in which case you don't need the 7507 rear signal bulb replacement.
Old 01-13-2014 | 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 BMW M235i 6MT
Originally Posted by AZN Optics
Let me know if interested and I can put a forum discounted package together for you. Even if you go with a different vendor, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
An forum-discounted interior LED package would be awesome! Please let me know if one is available. The AZN_Optics LEDs in my eyelids and HID kit in my low beams are still going after over 2 years!
Old 01-13-2014 | 10:09 PM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by AZN Optics
You have the pre-facelifted model, so slight difference.

Here's the spec for your vehicle:
2 sets 194 wedge LEDs for your eyebrows
1 set 194 wedge LEDs for your sidemarkers (only needed if you've changed to clear/smoked sidemarkers)
1 set 194 wedge LEDs for your rear plates
1 set 3457 super wedge LEDs for your front signals
1 set 7507 bayonet LEDs for your rear signals
1 set 1156 bayonet LEDs for your reverse lights
3 set 1156 bayonet LEDs for your brake/tail lights
1 set 194 wedge LEDs for your rear fog
1 set 194 wedge LEDs for your interior front dome
1 set 194 wedge LEDs for your interior vanity mirror
1 set 194 wedge LEDs for your interior footwell
1 set 194 wedge LEDs for your interior rear dome map lights
1 unit 41mm festoon LED for your interior rear dome
1 unit 194 wedge LED for your interior glove box
1 unit 194 wedge LED for your interior trunk

And just for informational posterity, front low beams, high beams, and fogs use H7 units as you're sport model (luxury model uses H11 for fogs).

As edgalang mentions, LEDs for interior will be very bright, especially at night which is great if you're trying to look for something or read, but can be annoying if you're driving and your passenger is fixing her makeup in the vanity mirror (although she'll love the true white color and brightness for that). Also keep in mind that LEDs will not have the smooth fade out that traditional halogen bulbs have as LEDs are digital in nature and not analog. More expensive LEDs have several built in stages to simulate the dimming feature, but in general, those aren't really worth the cost as they can run 3-4x the cost. The LEDs we carry are 2 stage units meaning there's a torch mode and an ambient mode. This is great for places like footwells where they go bright when doors open, but dim down to a less obtrusive ambient setting while normal driving.

PM sent.
Old 01-14-2014 | 10:09 AM

2009 Mercedes C350
I got mine from an Ebay vendor. He charges $24.00 for 10 W5W style bulbs, but heres a hint..offer him $20.00, he will take it. Ive done it twice. Then you just need a 42mm fuse style for the rear dome (I think he sells them for a few bucks) and you can do all interior, trunk, license plate, and eyelid bulbs for around $45.00. If you are interested I can get you the link to his ad.

So far no issues with his bulbs. They seem like good quality stuff
Old 01-14-2014 | 01:04 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Originally Posted by Richard2011
An forum-discounted interior LED package would be awesome! Please let me know if one is available. The AZN_Optics LEDs in my eyelids and HID kit in my low beams are still going after over 2 years!
Originally Posted by w204_Generic
PM sent.
PMs sent and replied

Keep in mind a couple questions you'll want to ask as you shop around as not all LEDs are the same, especially component wise. Find out if the diodes are 5050SMD, 3528SMD, 5630SMD, COB, 3D, cheap refracted, etc as that will dictate quality, brightness, and durability. Also you'll want to pay attention to the component manufacturer and stick with higher end CREE, Toyoda Gosei, Motorola, and OSRAM. And the obvious canbus vs non-canbus chip.