C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

CPOwarranty..do i pay for service visit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
CPOwarranty..do i pay for service visit?

Hey guys, I have a '10 c300 sport 4matic and am bringing in the car to the dealer for some issues that have piled up. They told me that it costs 149 for the diagnostic inspection, but it could be waived if the car gets work done under CPO warranty. I don't really want to dish out 150$ just for having them tell me that the issues are normal or that it's not covered and send me on my way.
Can anyone give me a peace of mind on this?

Issues:
1. scraping/hissing noise coming front one of the wheels (sounds like a worn wheel bearing) hopefully not transmission, I flipped the car in neutral while moving and the noise was still there and it's periodic, so it sounds like at only one point in the round wheel hub it's scraping somewhere.
2. Check left tail and brake light warning on dash
3. Drivers seat squeaks on every bump and crack in the road when my back is leaning into it, which is 100% of the time.

So would these be considered as issues covered by the CPO warranty?

Also inspection service B0 is needed but I want to do oil and filters on my own. So should I combine these two services into this one or would they inspect the car with the same requirements during my appointment for the cpo repair? Any help appreciated..

Last edited by Koolkozak; 01-19-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:37 PM

C300
Anyone?
Old 01-20-2014, 03:28 AM

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
2007 CL550
Your first and third items should definitely be covered under warranty. Your dealer should not be charging a diagnostic fee for these items.

Your second item may not be a warranty item. If it is simply an indication that you have a burned out light bulb, the cost is on you. However there have been reports of bad tail light sockets in the past and if this is the cause, then it is covered.

If your dealer insists on a diagnostic fee, I would go to a different dealer if there is one within a reasonable distance.

A diagnostic fee might be appropriate after your warranty has expired.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:17 AM

C300
Yes the taillight harness is burned out as u can see in photo. Also, can they just blame the squeaky seat as "wear and tear issue" and not cover it?

CPOwarranty..do i pay for service visit?-image-2223642725.jpg
Old 01-20-2014, 11:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C 250 Sport Sedan
The squeaky seat is depending on if anything is broken in the seat, it will be covered. If it is caused by wear then some dealers may not be as helpful.

Also on the hissing/scraping noise is it effected at all by light pressure on the brake pedal...it may just be pads and they are not covered
Old 01-20-2014, 11:53 AM

C300
I will try to look at the wheel today to see if I can find the origin of the noise.
If I bring in a car for something like tail light repair under CPO, arent they supposed to do a full inspection of the car? I just talked to the service guy and he told me that they would not do any other inspection of the car besides the taillight repair. Is this correct?
Old 01-20-2014, 01:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C 250 Sport Sedan
Most Dealer in my experience are not going to do a full front to back inspection every time you come in, they are going to address the complaint and any recalls or oblivious issues.

I had my C in for the B Service and they noticed the chrome lifting on the steering wheel and replaced it on their own as well as checking for updates / recalls and they MAP ed the ECM too. But that was during a B service and they are paid to check the car.

Some dealers are a lot more pro active and service friendly