C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Common oil leak on driver side just behind front wheel?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Mercedes C350
Common oil leak on driver side just behind front wheel?

I was wondering if anyone had a good educated guess on what this might be? I pulled out of my garage the other day and noticed there was a small puddle of oil (not much, maybe a 6" x 12" area, and not very wet) on the driver side basically right behind the front driver wheel (behind as in toward the back of the car, so if you backed up you would run over the puddle). The car has been sitting and only driven a few times in the last month or two. Never noticed it before, but I haven't had it long either.

Ive read something about the Camshaft plugs being a common failure point for oil leaks on these cars. Is this the general area they usually leak? I'm doing a Service B next weekend and want to get the issue figured out so I can fix it while im under there. Obviously I could look under the car (and will when/if I can) but my wife just delivered our first child yesterday so we have been slightly busy if you know what I mean. Just wanted to see if I could get an idea of what it might be.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MANY
Camshaft plugs are very common.