MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   MEGUIARS CLAY AND ULTIMATE WAX (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/541374-meguiars-clay-ultimate-wax.html)

Akhafeez 05-11-2014 02:19 PM

got the 3m paint restoration kit for 30 bucks online, should be coming in the mail soon. really wanna hide these swirls!

Project C 05-11-2014 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Akhafeez (Post 6038543)
got the 3m paint restoration kit for 30 bucks online, should be coming in the mail soon. really wanna hide these swirls!

sent my car today at Meguiars authorize dealer to remove everything: water marks,swirls,scratches etc...they did a fanatic job in detailing too :y
ended up with some more Meguiars goodies back home :rolf:

AZN Optics 05-12-2014 02:31 AM

For those local to socal and want to try your hands on Meguiar's products before purchase.... Megs has a free detailing class based out of their headquarters in Irvine. You can try out some of their products and pick up good information on how to properly care for your vehicle so you don't introduce additional defects.

Akhafeez 05-12-2014 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Project C (Post 6038651)
sent my car today at Meguiars authorize dealer to remove everything: water marks,swirls,scratches etc...they did a fanatic job in detailing too :y
ended up with some more Meguiars goodies back home :rolf:

where ya located?!@

TheRulesLawyer 05-12-2014 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Project C (Post 6037566)
Thanks to everyone's experienced sharing :y
couldn't be happier with Meguiars product :p:

i find Black box step 1 pre wax difficult to remove :nix:
and step 2 wax turn out to be a mess
end up keeping the 2 bottle detailers only
:rolf:

Im not sure what the issue with black box is, but I'm putting it on with a porter cable polisher. Might make a difference. Any setup with lots of rub on, rub off stuff you really want a polisher of some sort.

Project C 05-12-2014 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by TheRulesLawyer (Post 6039534)
Im not sure what the issue with black box is, but I'm putting it on with a porter cable polisher. Might make a difference. Any setup with lots of rub on, rub off stuff you really want a polisher of some sort.

i'm using hand wax so far :p:
don't have machine yet :smash:

can post a picture of your porter cable polisher?
where u got it from and the price :)
THANKS ya

Project C 05-12-2014 03:20 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Akhafeez (Post 6039211)
where ya located?!@

Hi i'm located at the border of Malaysia & Singapore :)

[IMG]Attachment 446656[/IMG]

[IMG]Attachment 446657[/IMG]

[IMG]Attachment 446658[/IMG]

and i end up with these stuff home :rolf:

[IMG]Attachment 446659[/IMG]

Project C 05-12-2014 03:30 PM

This should help newbies like me :naughty:

Matt-erhorn 05-15-2014 05:05 PM

I use almost all Meg's products as well since I've become quite loyal to them after going to all their classes at their Irvine HQ. But I will say that I'm looking into coating my car with something like CQuartz or Opti-Coat. In regards all the people having their car detailed, it may be cheaper to try and learn how to do it your self, assuming you have the time. I find a dual action polisher and Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction Kit to do wonders.

TheRulesLawyer 05-15-2014 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Project C (Post 6039539)
i'm using hand wax so far :p:
don't have machine yet :smash:

can post a picture of your porter cable polisher?
where u got it from and the price :)
THANKS ya

I have this one

You'll probably want a velcro disc

And then various foam pads to go with it.

Project C 05-16-2014 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by TheRulesLawyer (Post 6043240)

fireline43 05-16-2014 10:44 AM

I've used megs ultimate since it came out and love it. I've used a good variety of waxes over the years (zaino, zymol, mothers, chemical bros, griots garage) and this one is just so easy and works well that I don't see the point of using the other waxes. The other big plus is that you can get it at most stores around.
Doing the whole system, the clay, polish, and wax lasts a good while. With carnuba i was wanting to wax every 2-3 weeks, but with ultimate I feel i can get away with 2 months at least. I found with carnuba and other waxes of that type, is they are really show waxes. To me they aren't good for a daily driver car.

Project C 05-16-2014 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by fireline43 (Post 6043903)
I've used megs ultimate since it came out and love it. I've used a good variety of waxes over the years (zaino, zymol, mothers, chemical bros, griots garage) and this one is just so easy and works well that I don't see the point of using the other waxes. The other big plus is that you can get it at most stores around.
Doing the whole system, the clay, polish, and wax lasts a good while. With carnuba i was wanting to wax every 2-3 weeks, but with ultimate I feel i can get away with 2 months at least. I found with carnuba and other waxes of that type, is they are really show waxes. To me they aren't good for a daily driver car.

What's the difference between carnuba and ultimate? For example on a black car which is better? Thanks :)

c350nubie 05-16-2014 02:14 PM

How often do you guys wax? I am curious because I abuse the dealer free car wash a lot. Since the weather in WA is really crappy, I wash my car every week. I am afraid the wax will be washed away every time I go to car wash.
In case the was is washed away by car wash, will it look clean with no goo residue? Thanks!

Project C 05-16-2014 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by c350nubie (Post 6044161)
How often do you guys wax? I am curious because I abuse the dealer free car wash a lot. Since the weather in WA is really crappy, I wash my car every week. I am afraid the wax will be washed away every time I go to car wash.
In case the was is washed away by car wash, will it look clean with no goo residue? Thanks!

i just started to DIY :p: and watch lots of youtube video.
i spent a lot on polishing at the shops over the years but doesn't know how to maintain it :smash:
i was told by meguiars dealer local i can wax weekly or whenever i see less water beading on car paint :)

c350nubie 05-16-2014 03:51 PM

Yeah thanks for the input! I just got a pack of Meguiars Scratch X, Ultimate Compound and Ultimate polish. I want to fix some scratches and polish it nicely. Perhaps the ultimate wax will finish my combo :D

Project C 05-16-2014 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by c350nubie (Post 6044316)
Yeah thanks for the input! I just got a pack of Meguiars Scratch X, Ultimate Compound and Ultimate polish. I want to fix some scratches and polish it nicely. Perhaps the ultimate wax will finish my combo :D

i also use ultimate wax, want to try Carnauba wax after next car wash :p:

this might help :)

c350nubie 05-16-2014 04:04 PM

Hahaha I just watched that exact same vid before I replied. Yeah I heard about carnauba wax and that they will leave some residue when wash. Maybe experts here can enlighten me and keep me honest.

Project C 05-16-2014 04:09 PM

i heard carnauba wax works great on dark color cars
also get a ultimate quik detailer , it works great too :y

Project C 05-16-2014 04:50 PM

:eek::eek::eek:

J55TTC 05-23-2014 02:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 403917

This is 3 week old meguiars quick wax. Pretty good for a quick wax

Project C 05-23-2014 03:49 PM

[QUOTE=JThis is 3 week old meguiars quick wax. Pretty good for a quick wax[/QUOTE]

Nice picture :y

Benz445 05-23-2014 09:07 PM

So glad I found this thread. I would like some advice about cleaning. My car is magnetite black and it looks great especially when it is cleaned properly. I also did some of my own research and it looks like Autoglym's products are good.

95_993 05-23-2014 09:22 PM

I like to do a 4 step process:
1) Clay bar (yellow)
2) Polish 1 or 2 step if needed with Mezerma's med & fine cut using Porter Cable
3) OptiSeal nano paint sealant for protection (lasts several months)
4) Carnuba Wax for depth of shine (Zymol Carbon or Pinnacle)

In between waxes or for quick touch ups use Megs Ultimate detailer or Mother's as they are both readily available and relatively cheap

J55TTC 05-24-2014 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Benz445 (Post 6051606)
So glad I found this thread. I would like some advice about cleaning. My car is magnetite black and it looks great especially when it is cleaned properly. I also did some of my own research and it looks like Autoglym's products are good.

Black looks stunning when clean, my last car was black. Get yourself 2 good quality wash mits. 1 for the upper panels that you keep as clean as possible and 1 for the lower parts around the lower wheel arches. Problem with black is that it shows swirl marks so easily so you want to reduce these as much as possible. Fill your bucket up full and really rinse the mitt out well regularly. Leave the lower panels until last and make sure they've had a good soaking prior to washing to help loosen any dirt.

I prefer the meguiars car shampoos, they are much more slick and full of suds when compared to autoglyms. Clay the car once a year, generally after winter when the weather gets better, any stubborn tar can be removed with a little white spirit on a cloth but be careful not to run too hard.

Clean the paint using autoglyms HD cleanser, a very under rated product in my opinion. Autoglyms super resin polish has a lot of fillers and will hide any swirls very well, alternatively you can invest in a dual action polisher and some professional meguiars polishes. Takes a long time to polish swirls out but well worth it.

Finish off with auto glym HD wax, a few coats if possible. Detailing world did a comparison test a couple of years ago and it performed similarly to some much more expensive products.

Car will be protected well for at least 6 months. Top up if necessary with autoglyms aqua wax, it has carnauba content and is so simple and quick to use.