C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Washer Fluid wiring cut off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 02:12 AM

Received 94 Likes on 67 Posts
2016 S550
Washer Fluid wiring cut off

Hello all,

I bought a 2011 C300 Luxury edition today, and one of the fog lights were out (driver side). Of course, I bought the new bulbs (H11) and went under there to change them. I noticed the old one looked perfectly fine..but changed them anyway. I then discovered that it still did not light up, so I investigated further. I found a piece of wire that was cut off and lying at the bottom of the plastic cover that I had to remove to access the fogs.

At this point I was scratching my head...and suspected it must be wiring issue with that fog light. I traced the wire back and lo and behold, the brown wire for the driver fog light was snipped! I'm not sure if an animal bit it or someone intentionally cut it...but why would they?!

Then, tracing that same wiring further, it seemed to come from a bigger harness, which includes the washer fluid sensor wiring. Turns out, that wire I found lying on the plastic cover was from the low washer fluid sensor! No wonder I got a "check washer fluid" warning even when full. Someone or something completely removed a section of that wiring...again, why?! I traced further and it seems to be all from a bigger harness, and it looked like a pain in the *** to replace that whole wiring harness. Some sort of horn unit that sits near the driver fog light also shares this harness..

So a couple of questions...why would someone cut this off (if it was intentionally cut)? What could they try to be hiding? I just don't understand...
Anyone have the part number to this harness?

I think, at this point, I would have to attempt to solder back the wires (which is going to be extremely difficult doing it upside down, very limited space...

Any helpful ideas? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300 4Matic
Sounds like its been in a crash possibly? And the best way to fix it would be to solder in new wire & heat shrink it.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:15 PM

Received 94 Likes on 67 Posts
2016 S550
Yeah, I'm not sure the cause. I will have to eventually solder it...but I think the best way to do it is really undo the whole wiring harness so that I could do the work on top of the car.