C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

W204 COMAND Audio Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 03:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350 CDI Sport
W204 COMAND Audio Upgrade

Hi All,

New owner so please be gentle with me if this is a question that's been asked a million times.

I've been looking round the forums for audio upgrade options and I've surmised the following as a good option for me. However, since I've been really confused by the whole Audio 20, 50, COMAND no HK, COMAND with HK I'd really value your guys input.....

I'm looking to upgrade the audio in my W204 with COMAND using some third party components. Having trawled various forums for what their members are doing, one of the common speaker upgrade options seems to be.

Front Door- Infinity Kappa 60.9
Rear Door - Infinity Reference 6032si (shallow mount)

I understand their advantage lies in their efficient dB per Watt. Does anyone have experience of these speakers on this forum? If so, what else did you install with them? There seem to be a multitude of speakers all over the place. Have you left these on following install of the infinity's or disconnected?

Also saw quite a good looking standalone amp and stealth 8" install in the boot on the left side on one of the forums (but lost it now). If anyone's got something similar I'd appreciate sharing details of the amp, sub etc.

Having just collected the car yesterday the stereo isn't actually bad as I feared, and certainly not as dire as the BMW Professional (a joke to even name it as such) Media. But I would like something a little better, more rounded and yes with a bit more oomph for when I'm driving solo.

Really I'd welcome any suggestions from kit to installers (in south England). Anything you guys can write, share, link.... whatever.

Cheers

jimbo
Old 07-20-2014, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204
Try using the search function, it'll yield a ton of results.

There's been a ton of threads regarding owners with Audio20 upgrading their speakers. Some people went with the stock Harmon Kardon speakers, some went with Infinity.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...fit-howto.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-speakers.html