C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

scratched driver door bottom panel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 200 Likes on 139 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
scratched driver door bottom panel

Got my car from dealer for warranty repairs and just about to do my routine sunday detailing and opened the driver's door and I just saw a nasty 2" scratch on the bottom fiber panel. So I am a little pissed as all of my door panels are only 1 year old and I take good care of getting in and out of the car with my shoes as I know once I hit it with my shoes I will scratch it. This one is really bad as it is deep enough to be an eye sore and I will see it every single time I get in and out of the car so just imagine the pissy moment I got when I saw it. How will they fix that scratch? I hope they can just replace the lower panel and not the entire panel. I think now I have to wrap that portion with the temporary sticky film that the detailer uses to protect the areas that might get hit everytime I get my car serviced.

I know some of you will say it is bound to happen and yes it might happen with me in the future but if I was the one who caused it I will not blame anyone else and will not feel bad about it and not wonder who did it and why not say anything about it.