C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

have to replace center vent assembly - COMAND up/down and hazard/ESP buttons removal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
have to replace center vent assembly - COMAND up/down and hazard/ESP buttons removal?

i had a rattle/tick in the center vent assembly and used readily-available write ups to remove it and inspect behind. however, when pulling on the two homemade tools used to pull out the vent section, one tool popped out and scratched the surround (lesson learned? PUT ELECTRICAL OR MASKING TAPE ON ANY SURFACES NEAR THOSE OBLONG HOLES IF REMOVING!!!)

so, i want to replace the assembly with a brand new one. however, i need to remove the switches from the old center vent assembly.

to they come out easily? if it's finicky or might cause problems and more broken parts, i might not want to mess with it.

any experienced comments are definitely appreciated!

thanks.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:04 AM

C63
so, to update this...

i removed the buttons today and re-installed them into a new assembly. simple as heck. a small flat long flat head did the trick. it helped to see what the bare vent assembly looked like, so i could see how the buttons snapped in.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Mercedes-Benz C350 Sport, ECU Tune, K & N Highflow Air Filters, Cross Drilled Rear Rotors
Can you point me to where you found that write-up? I need to remove my center vent assembly to replace it, the sliders are broken.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:10 AM

C63
Originally Posted by fahad4890
Can you point me to where you found that write-up? I need to remove my center vent assembly to replace it, the sliders are broken.
there are a bunch. http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...nt_Removal.htm