C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Coned!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C300 Sport
Coned!!!

Guys, I am soooooo f*..#g pissed!!!! Relaxing drive back home from work on I-95 (express lane/only two lanes) doing 60mph when front vehicle (an SUV) clears over a friggin huge cone!!! I tried avoiding but still went over it!!! The f.....g cone destroyed my fog light, fog light housing and bumper!!!! If anyone here knows has a front bumper to sell please let me know. My W204 is black and the "Sport" . Any advise, help will be much appreciated. I saw a couple of fog housings on ebay and fog light too but I need the front bumper since mine is broken in two pieces!!!!

Sooooo pissed!!!!

Sorry for venting guys but I hate to see my car like that!!! I forgot to mention I have full-cover insurance but got to dig the contract out since I can't remember my deductible and if it will be covered. Any advise, suggestion will be appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Vickon

Last edited by Vickon; 02-16-2015 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:45 PM

2008 c300 4matic Sport
Look into local laws but things like pothole damage can be paid out by the gov. This may include objects in the road?

My buddy hit a huge pothole in his m5 and destroyed the wheel and they replaced it
Old 09-26-2014, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
2013 C350 Coupe, 2005 C230K Kleemann Sedan, 2013 GLK350 4matic
Originally Posted by Vickon
Guys, I am soooooo f*..#g pissed!!!! Relaxing drive back home from work on I-95 (express lane/only two lanes) doing 60mph when front vehicle (an SUV) clears over a friggin huge cone!!! I tried avoiding but still went over it!!! The f.....g cone destroyed my fog light, fog light housing and bumper!!!! If anyone here knows has a front bumper to sell please let me know. My W204 is black and the "Sport" AMG. Any advise, help will be much appreciated. I saw a couple of fog housings on ebay and fog light too but I need the front bumper since mine is broken in two pieces!!!!

Sooooo pissed!!!!

Sorry for venting guys but I hate to see my car like that!!! I forgot to mention I have full-cover insurance but got to dig the contract out since I can't remember my deductible and if it will be covered. Any advise, suggestion will be appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Vickon
If you have full coverage it would be covered (minus the deductible)
Its going to be cheaper in the long run to you the insurance rather than paying out of pocket, the cost to replace the bumper and other parts will exceed $1800
Old 02-16-2015, 07:56 PM

2010 C300 Sport
Coned... Need black front bumper...

Hi guys, unfortunately as of today I am still waiting for DOT to make a decision!!! My hopes are very low!!! So, if anyone has a black front bumper that wants to sell I could be interested. I'm concerned about the shipping so for now I will try only Florida/locals. I also need the driver's side 2010 round fog light. If you have one of these or a complete one, please let me know.

Thanks!

Vickon
Old 02-16-2015, 08:36 PM
VVF
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts
2005 C230K(sold), Mk7 Jetta
Try car-part dot com
The situation really sucks!
Old 02-18-2015, 05:59 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2012 C63 AMG
Sorry to hear. I do have a front bumper but its not black and I live in Va
Old 02-19-2015, 05:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 c350 Coupe
Sorry to hear about that. I'd call my insurance first, because I suspect that if you do need to replace bumper, fog lamp, then there's also a bunch of clamps you also need, so it'll be worth your while to file the claim. Be weary of just finding another black bumper and simply putting it on. Sometimes even within the same year, there might be a couple of production batches, and the color might be just a shade off from the previous run. There's also the environmental factors which will affect your color over time. Since your car has had all of it's parts in the same environmental conditions (sun, snow, rain), the color looks consistent all around. Even if the bumpers were part of the same production run, after a couple of years, you will see a difference between a bumper that's been on a Florida car versus a bumper on a car that's endured those brutal Canadian winters. Again, it may not seem so obvious when you look at the cars side by side, but you'll certainly notice it when parts are moved from one vehicle to the other.

Ultimately, I think that you'll need some new paint on your bumper with a blend on surrounding body parts. Things may have changed in the ~10 years since I've left the industry, but I used to be a painter in a previous career.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:46 PM

2010 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by 1REDC63
Sorry to hear. I do have a front bumper but its not black and I live in Va
Can you please send pics of the bumper? How much would you sell it for? Any idea regarding shipping via Fedex to Miami, FL 33015?
Thank you for your time and response.
Best regards,
Vickon