C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Has anyone tried Redline Synthetic Powersteering fluid?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 03:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300 Sport AND 93 Mazda RX7 Single Turbo
Has anyone tried Redline Synthetic Powersteering fluid?

Has anyone tried this fluid in the powersteering?

Im at 120k miles and im starting to hear noise coming from my PS when its cold. Ive read that a recommended fluid is Petosin CHF 11S.

Im also a Porsche owner and the oem fluid is also CHF 11S. But since alot of Caymans have ps overheating problem, alot of people either recommend changing to Redline PS synthetic fluid or even ATF+4.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried anything other then CHF 11S. If its ok for Porsches i dont see why it wouldnt be okay for Mercedes. I just wanna kill two birds with one fluid, haha since i gotta change em both.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 2012
It's what i use in all my vehicles and i haven't had a problem yet after about 2 years since i changed it out.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300 Sport AND 93 Mazda RX7 Single Turbo
I just read this in an article written by one of the guys at LN engineering. They make alot of race car parts. Im hoping this applies to BENZ as well since they also use CHF 11S and CHF 202 fluid like Porsche does.

By the way, the Pentosin steering fluid used by Porsche (Goo 2000 for VW folks) is aggressive to many types of rubber and plastic, as well as paint and other coatings. The factory service manual advises the immediate cleanup of any spilled P/S fluid, with soap and water. The current factory fluid is Pentosin CHF 202. It is fully synthetic and can be mixed and used in place of the Pentosin CHF 11s. It’s not compatible with systems using CHF 7.1. I can testify to its effect on rubber cooling hoses, especially when it seeps into the cut ends of hoses at their connection points-can you say swollen? It is important to clean it up quickly and completely. Also,we have also found that the factory fluid does slowly evaporate. Many Porsche and VW technicians have noticed this and after having checked comprehensively for leaks, have stopped wondering where the fluid has gone. Weve changed away from the Pentosin line and now use Redline Synthetic P/S fluid because it is less aggressive to plastic and rubber and has higher viscosity at operating temperature and a higher boiling point. It is also miscible with the residual amounts of Pentosin left in the system.