C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Tire & Rim Protection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
Tire & Rim Protection

Hello,

Recently purchased a C300 and bought the Tire & Rim Protection (for better or worse).

Was wondering if anyone would be able to shed light on the coverage with regards to tires and specifically those marked "Mercedes-Benz Approved Tires".

When I'm on the Tire selector part on the Mercedes website, it provides a list of Winter Tires that are compatible.

Some tires have the "Mercedes-Benz Approved Tires" stamp on them while others say "Generic Fitment Tire".

I was wondering if both would be covered under the tire & rim protection warranty regardless of the approved stamp.

Thanks for the help! I am from Canada if that makes any difference.

Regards,
Old 10-03-2014, 09:30 AM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300
When I got my C300 this was offered to me in the Finance Office, sounded good on paper until I asked if it only covered the tires that came with the car and they told me yes. This might be different in Canada.

The second I saw that the car came with H rated, Low Rolling Resistance, crappy Continentals (OEM Contis are typically trash, nowhere near as good as DW/DWS) I knew I'd be changing the tires so I opted out of the plan. For covering wheel damage either bent or curb rash it might be worth it.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
Thanks. I called for some clarity and it seems they will cover aftermarket (in Canada) so long as the size and specifications are consistent (just have to read the fine print carefully...)

Do you guys think it's better to just winter tires and keep the current rims? (staying in the 17" tire size so should fit).