C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

W204 aircon problem please help!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200 CGI
W204 aircon problem please help!!!!

Hi everyone
I need your help urgently
I own C200 CGI 2013, during summer in hot weather and even at night in normal weather when i turn on my aircon it takes long time to begin blowing cold air around 10-15 min which is not normal but when it begin blowing cold air life is good as nothing goes wrong with it.
I am worry if it is a compressor problem or a valve problem as the car is still in warranty.
I tried to go to MB dealer but no one knows the cause of the problem and told me that if a compressor problem it would not last for long time and you will have a compressor failure.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C250
Funny you bring this up. I posted in a similar thread a week or so ago.. NO resolve...
It appears to be relay of sort, I've heard. But, like you Mercedes needs to keep my car all day and the first 2 times they were unable to duplicate, so I said ok and deal with it. And like you, if its a hot day the a/c takes like 1-2 mins to cool off. Not 10-15! The only thing I've been able to determine is that its time related. No matter how HOT the day is, if the car sits all day without being driven the problem happens. I leave work between 5-6pm, and no cold air till 1-2 mins after driving. If I leave for lunch and drive the car, the problem does not occur, nor again that evening/afternoon. Also, never on a cooler day or in the morning have I had the a/c not work. It has to be 90+ degrees. I just can't find an "A/C Compressor Relay" or anything similar. Wondering if it's some kind of module??
Old 10-04-2014, 05:09 PM

C200 CGI
Originally Posted by arketect
Funny you bring this up. I posted in a similar thread a week or so ago.. NO resolve...
It appears to be relay of sort, I've heard. But, like you Mercedes needs to keep my car all day and the first 2 times they were unable to duplicate, so I said ok and deal with it. And like you, if its a hot day the a/c takes like 1-2 mins to cool off. Not 10-15! The only thing I've been able to determine is that its time related. No matter how HOT the day is, if the car sits all day without being driven the problem happens. I leave work between 5-6pm, and no cold air till 1-2 mins after driving. If I leave for lunch and drive the car, the problem does not occur, nor again that evening/afternoon. Also, never on a cooler day or in the morning have I had the a/c not work. It has to be 90+ degrees. I just can't find an "A/C Compressor Relay" or anything similar. Wondering if it's some kind of module??
Yea, it's the same issue of time relation, I went 2 times to MB Dealer in the morning but when they turn it on it blows cold air.
Last time they told me you must keep it on 16C to let the compressor work under hard usage till it gives up and fails if it is a compressor issue but till now nothing happened and i will catch cold
I am wondering the cause of this issue as it is working perfectly after that delay and once the air con is turned on onetime per day the next time on the same day began to blow cold air instantaneously without any delay.
I doubt that it is a compressor issue i think it is somthing related to an electronic part as the climate control unit but how can we discover it??
Old 10-10-2014, 08:44 AM

C200 CGI
Any feedback?
Old 11-03-2014, 03:53 PM

C200 CGI
I ve uploaded a video showing the problem.
Please helpppp as the car is at MB service for a week till now without identifing the cause because it doesn't happen in front of them.