C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

HELP!!! Issues after car accident

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C350
Exclamation HELP!!! Issues after car accident

Hello everyone! I have owned both a 2002 C320 and now a 2008 C350. I am the original owner for both. The 2002 model is gone but I am happy (was happy) with my '08 model. I actually ordered it because I wanted all the options the car had available and there were none in the state at the time that had all options. They either had pkg 1, or pkg 1 and 3, and so on. I also wanted the tele-aid and for some reason on the new model of 2008, this was not an option, so I had it put in from factory in Germany since I was ordering my car. It took 3 months to be delivered to me in the USA. I ordered it November 2007 and received it February 2008.

I need someone's expertise. Back in my early ages (in my 20's) I used to install stereo equipment and do custom installations on cars amps, crossovers, make speaker boxes, etc, so I am not a novice at stereo equipment. I no longer do this due to back issues, however, I just got into a accident with my 2008 C350. I had several issues which my insurance company is giving me HASSLE over. As soon as I got the car back, it drove like crap. It was rough, almost like driving a old diesel truck. Basically, with the impact, the engine shift, it caused my motor mounts to go out. Insurance refused to pay for this. I had to pay out of pocket and fixed it myself. Now, the other issue I'm still having is that my front two lower speakers are not playing and mids/bass. If I put my ear to it, I hear the highs but that is it. MY tweeters are working on both sides just fine and my rear door speakers are working just fine, as is my sub. It's just my two front door speakers. I have the MM package with HK system. DVD, music register slot, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestion what this could be? I noticed it right when I got it back from the body shop because I went to use my navigation (as I always used this) and she sounded really weird, as if she was speaking over speaker phone on a cell phone. This made me start investigating and turned up my radio and noticed a sound difference. When I faded my speakers to the front, left or right, no bass or mids what-so-ever from the door speakers. I have checked the two fuses in the truck that show are for the radio and the one in fuse that's in the fuse box in the hood. They are all valid fuses. Can anyone please help me out with suggestions. This happened after I got into the accident, but as we all know, insurance company will do their best to not have to pay to fix anything. Trying to get some ideas before I take it into Mercedes and have to be stuck paying a diagnostics fee of $150.00 for them to tell me to replace both speakers when I don't believe it's the case. Both speakers just magically now do not play mids or bass. I don't know if maybe when they were replacing the condenser or some other part, they didn’t disconnect the battery and cause something to shock out? Any suggestions from any Techs or anyone with an idea?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

-Gino