C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Need Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 07:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 C63s Coupe 2016 C450 DAILY
Need Advice

Hello,

I've been a member on here for awhile and I've searched this and it's just unheard of to me. I have a 11' C300 that was purchased as a CPO with a two year extended warranty. I scheduled a regular oil change appointment for tomorrow and my control knob for the screen and command that isn't working properly only to get a call today stating that the dealership I purchased my car from is basically refusing to service my car, stating that the appointment isn't going to happen. I called as soon as I heard the message, I didn't speak to the general manager, or the service manager but they had some service advisor give me a call letting me know that, "tomorrow wasn't going to happen" I asked if the service was full that day and they said no. I wasn't given an explanation.. car is still under warranty. It wouldn't be an issue if this wasn't the only location within a 2 hour radius. Can someone chime in on this ? How is this legal? I've just never heard of this.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
17' C43 Sedan
This doesn't seem right. Sorry to hear about your troubles. My recommendation would be to dig up your maintenance contract and read it carefully. I would then show up at the dealership with your documentation and ask to speak to the service a manager.

Be polite and respectful. You will get a lot more with honey than with vinegar, but if they refuse go all out. Lol
Old 11-06-2014, 08:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 c300
As Above.

Is the dealer refusing to service your car forever, or just not able to keep your appointment. Will he service it say next week?

If he completely refuses to service the car, I suggest calling MB head office for your area. Lack of service could affect your warranty.

HTH
Old 11-07-2014, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by keith100
As Above.

Is the dealer refusing to service your car forever, or just not able to keep your appointment. Will he service it say next week?

If he completely refuses to service the car, I suggest calling MB head office for your area. Lack of service could affect your warranty.

HTH
The dealer is refusing to service my car forever, and i quote the General Manager "I refuse to do any service on your vehicle, due to poor reviews online about our dealership" according to the general manager, he's been given the go-ahead to do that by their company, but not sure if he's been OK'd by Mercedes on that, as I see it being no where legal. Specifically if the car is still under Manufactures Warranty and/or if there are "dangererous" recalls. The closest dealership to me other than them is two hours away, a big inconvenience.

I've had terrible history with this dealership as they sold me a fake 08' CPO car for the additional +2k price on it which was never to be certified, on top of calling them out on the transmission service flush being done half ***.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:24 AM

17' C43 Sedan
wow. So they refuse to do any warranty work whatsoever on any MB vehicle? I would contact MB directly and report it. Also did you purchase the car and warranty from the same dealership? If so I would reach out to the BBB as well.

It would help as well to ask for them to put that in writing.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by equetefue
wow. So they refuse to do any warranty work whatsoever on any MB vehicle? I would contact MB directly and report it. Also did you purchase the car and warranty from the same dealership? If so I would reach out to the BBB as well.

It would help as well to ask for them to put that in writing.
they refuse to look at it at all... and that's coming from the general manager. They aren't accredited with BBB, go figure. I feel that MBUSA will be of no help, but yes I've purchased this car through them, had my old extended warranty from my 08 transferred to this one and I have a lifetime oil changes plan i also purchased. Not sure what I should do.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:06 AM

17' C43 Sedan
the way I see it they sold you a warranty that they wont honor. You have options the way I see it. But it all comes to you. I would still call MB
Old 11-07-2014, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Forget the digital age for a moment. Write and mail a registered paper letter with the entire history and request for assistance to:

Mr. Steve Cannon
President and CEO
Mercedes-Benz USA
3 Mercedes Dr
Montvale, NJ 07645