C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Spacer Thickness?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Question Spacer Thickness?

Last evening, as my wife and I were going to eat, the right rear wheel sheared off what lugs hadn't fallen out and wedged between the fender well and knuckle fell down into the wheel. I thought I had a blowout. That aside, I've got a new wheel on it's way, but I forgot about the hub centric spacer and it's size. Can anyone help the old man out? I thought I would find it using the sight search but no luck.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:38 PM

C350
Originally Posted by ergon
Last evening, as my wife and I were going to eat, the right rear wheel sheared off what lugs hadn't fallen out and wedged between the fender well and knuckle fell down into the wheel. I thought I had a blowout. That aside, I've got a new wheel on it's way, but I forgot about the hub centric spacer and it's size. Can anyone help the old man out? I thought I would find it using the sight search but no luck.

Wait - you were running spacers and your lugs sheared off?? If so, what brand were the spacers? I was debating on whether I want to keep my 2013 black AMG 18" or go ahead and put 19's back on. If you're describing what I think you are, my decision is made...
Old 12-12-2014, 11:48 PM

C63
Originally Posted by ElJayBird

Wait - you were running spacers and your lugs sheared off?? If so, what brand were the spacers? I was debating on whether I want to keep my 2013 black AMG 18" or go ahead and put 19's back on. If you're describing what I think you are, my decision is made...
My mistake my friend. It was a hub centric piece to take up the slack between the wheel hub and the wheel. I've got two more on the way. The only thing that could have happened was that the lugs were not torqued to specs. Two or more backed out, the wheel became off center and cut the rest of them off. No spacer was used.