C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Fan too high and AC/Heat controls don't work! Advice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
E 320
Fan too high and AC/Heat controls don't work! Advice?

Hello everyone,

My brother has a 2011 C300! Long story short, battery died, he jumped the car and it started working fine! However, the radiator fan is on full speed right now and never goes off! And the AC/Heater controls inside the car don't work at all!

Is this a temperature sensor issue? Fuses? Has anyone experienced this problem before?

Thank you,

Iron Sheik
Old 01-08-2015, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09' C300 Sport 4Matic
If you are going to tackle the issue yourselves then I would recommend to start with a hard reset of the ecu. The easiest way to do this without an elaborate scan tool is to disconnect the battery and touch the negative and positive from the vehicle together for about 60 seconds. Reconnect the battery and retest to see if the issues are still present. From there if you are still having issues then start testing through the fuses. Please post the results here and we can take it from there.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
E 320
Originally Posted by lacoa1
If you are going to tackle the issue yourselves then I would recommend to start with a hard reset of the ecu. The easiest way to do this without an elaborate scan tool is to disconnect the battery and touch the negative and positive from the vehicle together for about 60 seconds. Reconnect the battery and retest to see if the issues are still present. From there if you are still having issues then start testing through the fuses. Please post the results here and we can take it from there.

Thanks for your input! My brother did replace the battery and he's still having the same issue, but I'll tell him what you suggested and see if that does anything!

Iron Sheik