C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Can I have your opinion?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Can I have your opinion?

So i purchased a 2011 C300 4Matic Sport back in May with 38,000 miles. I was told and shown service paperwork stating that the car had all maintenance completed including the 39,000 mile transmission service.

Sadly, now that the car has 46,000 miles I have discovered that the dealership lied to me. The so called service appointment was only a 24 point inspection and the service work that is recommended for the mileage was never completed. The only upkeep to the car was that the air filter and cabin filter were changed, an oil change was completed and the tires were rotated (incorrectly at that).

I am having the transmission serviced on Friday with transfer case being completely flushed out and new fluid for everything.

Do you guys feel like the damage is done at this point? My warranty is up at the end of the summer, so I am debating on spending the $2,500 on an extended warranty or if I should just find a different vehicle to drive.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 C300 sedan, P1, Multimedia, Burmester
Originally Posted by Switt23
So i purchased a 2011 C300 4Matic Sport back in May with 38,000 miles. I was told and shown service paperwork stating that the car had all maintenance completed including the 39,000 mile transmission service.

Sadly, now that the car has 46,000 miles I have discovered that the dealership lied to me. The so called service appointment was only a 24 point inspection and the service work that is recommended for the mileage was never completed. The only upkeep to the car was that the air filter and cabin filter were changed, an oil change was completed and the tires were rotated (incorrectly at that).

I am having the transmission serviced on Friday with transfer case being completely flushed out and new fluid for everything.

Do you guys feel like the damage is done at this point? My warranty is up at the end of the summer, so I am debating on spending the $2,500 on an extended warranty or if I should just find a different vehicle to drive.
Do you have the paperwork they showed you regarding the 39k transmission service? Also, what dealership is this? If it's a Benz or even another big-name dealership, you might have success through complaining loudly. If it's an independent "Bob's Cars" kinda place you might not have much luck going that route. Also, how did you find out the work was never actually completed?

I can't speak to being 7-8k miles late for the 4-matic xfer case flush, but I doubt the delay in doing the transmission flush is anything to worry about. Do you know if the brake system flush was completed (20k/2yr service interval, I think)?

I would buy the extended warranty. If it's a true Benz extended warranty than $2500 is a good price for the shortest one -- 75k/7yr. If you make them feel bad about lying to you then perhaps that warranty price will go down even more and you'll get a great price (free!) on the missed maintenance.