C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

What issues does Audio 20 firmware resolve? I have distortion in RR channel.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
What issues does Audio 20 firmware resolve? I have distortion in RR channel.

I have just completed upgrading my speakers to the Infinity units. There is distortion coming out of my RR door speaker that I never noticed before. Vehicle just turned 15K miles so either way, warranty has been expired.

At first I thought it was a blown speaker but ruled that out after doing a speaker swap. The sound distorts at higher frequencies and volume not as loud. Did confirm in Engineering mode that the EQ settings are the same for both rear channels. Right now, I have the fader set at +3 for the front and have the rear EQ cutoff at 11k with 0db gain to avoid the distortion.

I just may go the single-DIN route if I have a blown RR channel. I know.....doesn't look good but I have a new Kenwood Excelon deck sitting in the box that I had for a couple of years for a project car that I ended up selling. Metra and Scosche sells the steering wheel interface.