C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Coilover install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250
Coilover install

I'm looking for a thread or a how to video on some tips on installing my BC type BR coilovers onto my C250 sedan.. I've installed airbags and springs before but never coils..just looking for some tips on how to set the correct height settings/adjusting as well as dampening and rebound...both which are new to me in installing a setup..any help is greatly appreciated. I'm trying to do the install tomorrow morning, with some friends..
Old 03-20-2015, 07:44 PM
FFM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Audi R8
Shouldn't be any different than what you've already done before. Once everything is removed you will install the complete front assemblies. Don't adjust the spring perch as these are already set with preload. Adjust the shock body.

Rears will require adjusting the shock body and spring perch at the same level.

With most damper adjustable Coilovers the rebound is adjusted simultaneously there's no separate adjustment. That's from my experience with KW, not sure if BC is the same.

The adjustment tuning will come from driving it around. I know they come from the factory at the 8 setting if I'm not mistaken. I don't recall what the paper said. Either way, start soft and work your way up in 10% increments after each test drive until you achieve the ride you seek.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by FFM
Shouldn't be any different than what you've already done before. Once everything is removed you will install the complete front assemblies. Don't adjust the spring perch as these are already set with preload. Adjust the shock body.

Rears will require adjusting the shock body and spring perch at the same level.

With most damper adjustable Coilovers the rebound is adjusted simultaneously there's no separate adjustment. That's from my experience with KW, not sure if BC is the same.

The adjustment tuning will come from driving it around. I know they come from the factory at the 8 setting if I'm not mistaken. I don't recall what the paper said. Either way, start soft and work your way up in 10% increments after each test drive until you achieve the ride you seek.
Every Taiwanese coilover I've ever seen came with no preload. Also those adjustments don't do squat before 19 clicks. Some brands are just popular because they are cheap, and you can go low. I could go on for hours.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:07 PM
FFM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Audi R8
I've had BC's.

They come preloaded. I would say they are the "better" of the overseas coilovers.