C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Service Advisor Lied on Doing Warranty Work?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 02:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C250
Service Advisor Lied on Doing Warranty Work?!

(INTRO)
Hi guys, I created a thread before to get some advice on cleaning the streaks/moldy/water spots issue I've been having on my windshield. Here's my previous thread and the video of how bad the streak is during rainy days in Seattle area.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-function.html

Anyway, I was told by Service Advisor from local MB Dealer in Seattle that the windshield is getting replaced under warranty from the hard water spot (He tried to clean it for 2 times and it didn't get better at all, for a day only maybe).

Short story, I dropped the car on Thursday 11AM and he told me the new windshield just came in this morning. I handed over the car to him. Around the afternoon time, he called me that windshield is confirmed for water spot damage from hard water/acids and will be replaced on Friday as the glass is coming in on Friday (Which is a bit weird, since this morning he told me that the glass is already in??? I didn't ask any question when he called me because I was busy giving a city tour for my clients).

(RESULT)
Finally, I got the car back on Saturday afternoon. He told me that I would be satisfied with the new windshield and he checked it earlier. Drive it out the service bay, found the windshield did perform better, but I can still see the water still got stuck in that same area (Due to sticky water spot?). My thought was, the wiper was 2/3 months old and was used on the previous bad windshield, so maybe the wiper had turned bad also. However, hours later, the rain was pouring down hard and it's the same thing again. Windshield and wiper is still not doing it's job on getting rid of the water, making it blurry, very blurry.

(Proof/Inspection)
The next morning, I tried to inspect the windshield by myself. "Good-to-Go" sticker I put on my windshield didn't get moved even one bit. The V1 Radar I put on my windshield didn't get moved either. The most confusing part to me is that I used to put in GPS on my car and I can see my old suction cup residue with my flashlight was still there (On the very left corner). A friend of mine suggested that the dealer might just polished/thinned the windshield. Is that even possible, just like polishing scratched window on the airplane by actually taking some material out of it??

(QUESTION)
So, my question is, how do I approach this issue I'm having here with the dealer/service advisor? The dealer is MBSeattle where I got the car. I purchased the car on November 2014 and been working on this issue since December 2014. Wiper was replaced and windshield was cleaned throughly on January 2015. Windshield was throughly cleaned again on April 2015. The car is 2013 C250 CPO with around 8,500 miles when I got it. The service advisor communicated very nice to me, however the issue is still there and I was very very disappointed to be told a lie on the windshield replacement under warranty. I could walk away with this issue as long as I could get this issue on my windshield gone.

Oh yeah, is the wiper supposed to be this noisy on a Benz? My previous car was a Volkswagen and a Toyota, I don't remember having this much noise from a wiper. It doesn't really bother me, just didn't expect to have that much wiper noise from such a luxurious brand like a Mercedes.

My utmost respect to you guys for the help and suggestions.

My apologies for the long thread, here's a picture of the car the day after I got it!

Last edited by rookiezxc; 04-13-2015 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 GL450
Will using a clay bar on the windshield get rid of those water spots?
Old 04-13-2015, 03:06 PM

2013 C250
Originally Posted by chewychiu
Will using a clay bar on the windshield get rid of those water spots?
I tried many things as I posted on my previous thread and none of those worked. I decided to let the dealer do it for me since I just got the car from them and it's a CPO too anyway, shouldn't have any huge safety issue as this from the date of purchase. Dealer tried it 2 times, then the SA finally decided to get me a windshield replacement which turned out to be a lie
Old 04-13-2015, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C300 4MATIC
I had the same issue on my car. Wipers cleared well going up, but coming down dragged water across making it blurry. I figured that it was pulling the water being pushed to the side.

I had a new windshield put in a few days ago after being damaged by a rock on the freeway. So far it seems like the new glass does not give me this issue. I'll update you on when it rains harder so I can judge for certain.

The glass is a PGW windshield, not "OEM" fyi
Old 04-13-2015, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Go back in to the service advisors boss & ask why the old windscreen has not been replaced. Also ask for the contact details of MB USA .

Don't be put down by this. The car is under warranty. Make sure you get a result.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:49 PM

2013 C250
Schlitter, it's exactly the same issue with the one I'm having now, except it's worsen by the waterspot/moldy issue.

Carsy, that's what I'm going to do tomorrow, I just need a suggestion how should I talk it out with him, I don't want to sound rude, just want to show that I'm very very disappointed with the warranty work that was done. What do you mean by contact details?
Old 04-13-2015, 07:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
W204 2012 C300
I'd just lead with a passive approach at first.

Something like

'Hi, quick question - when you released my car yesterday, did you inspect the job yourself?' 'That's strange, because I was pretty sure you told me on the phone that a new windscreen had arrived and was being installed, but I'm almost certain that it hasn't been put in - can we go have a look at my car and see what you think?'

If he tried to back out of it - then you start showing him your reasons. Marks on the glass, sticker, etc etc

If you hit him straight up with an accusation, you can almost be sure to get a defensive, negative response.

Remember, the service advisor just does the coordination of the jobs and managing the customer - he's not actually swinging any spanners - there could have been a miscommunication further down the chain and by the time it got back to him it was considered 'done'. Benefit of the doubt and all that. Mistakes happen.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:19 PM

2013 C250
Originally Posted by SMOKEY300
I'd just lead with a passive approach at first.

Something like

'Hi, quick question - when you released my car yesterday, did you inspect the job yourself?' 'That's strange, because I was pretty sure you told me on the phone that a new windscreen had arrived and was being installed, but I'm almost certain that it hasn't been put in - can we go have a look at my car and see what you think?'

If he tried to back out of it - then you start showing him your reasons. Marks on the glass, sticker, etc etc

If you hit him straight up with an accusation, you can almost be sure to get a defensive, negative response.

Remember, the service advisor just does the coordination of the jobs and managing the customer - he's not actually swinging any spanners - there could have been a miscommunication further down the chain and by the time it got back to him it was considered 'done'. Benefit of the doubt and all that. Mistakes happen.
THANK YOU!! This is what I need. I don't want sound like insulting him as it would be even harder to get the car's windshield to be properly fixed. I want to approach the issue with him politely

Here's a video of the new windshield under a light drizzle (Washington).

Oh yeah, even the water spots outside the wiper's range (Area where wipers couldn't reach) are still there

Last edited by rookiezxc; 04-13-2015 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Originally Posted by rookiezxc
Schlitter, it's exactly the same issue with the one I'm having now, except it's worsen by the waterspot/moldy issue.

Carsy, that's what I'm going to do tomorrow, I just need a suggestion how should I talk it out with him, I don't want to sound rude, just want to show that I'm very very disappointed with the warranty work that was done. What do you mean by contact details?
I would ask him how to contact MB USA Consumer Affairs !!

You Americans are far too polite. Just put him in a headlock & again ask him to replace the windscreen

Good luck & keep us posted.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C300 4MATIC
Turns out the new windshield didn't help me. My 20K service is in 1,000 miles so I will have them replace the wipers/adjust to fix it. Drives me crazy