C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

What's happening to the paint on my car's roof?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 07:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Stumbled into this thread - but I'll shed some light on how I got the MB dealership to respond. Had a CPO MB which I took to an indie shop for pre-sales inspection. Number of issues, all common to the model series but totaling a couple thousand to rectify. Service manager said "No." So I sleuthed online and found the email address of the regional VP. Sent a kind note simply stating this is the 3rd car I've purchased from them, and that I was disappointed in the service. Literally 30 minutes later I get a call from the local MB manager saying that I caught his VP on vacation in Italy - and to bring the car in. They fixed everything, to include some minor stuff I hadn't even mentioned. The key is to be kind, appeal to their egos by subtly pointing out they're no better than a used car lot, and emphasize repeat sales!
Old 05-11-2015, 02:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 C300
Originally Posted by FFXF1
Stumbled into this thread - but I'll shed some light on how I got the MB dealership to respond. Had a CPO MB which I took to an indie shop for pre-sales inspection. Number of issues, all common to the model series but totaling a couple thousand to rectify. Service manager said "No." So I sleuthed online and found the email address of the regional VP. Sent a kind note simply stating this is the 3rd car I've purchased from them, and that I was disappointed in the service. Literally 30 minutes later I get a call from the local MB manager saying that I caught his VP on vacation in Italy - and to bring the car in. They fixed everything, to include some minor stuff I hadn't even mentioned. The key is to be kind, appeal to their egos by subtly pointing out they're no better than a used car lot, and emphasize repeat sales!
My trim is also peeling - 2008- you should ask to talk to mercedes regional manager - 9 days out of warranty is bs excuse - clearly this is an issue that has been there a while and just got worse. If they refuse to do the work - if go to local vinyl wrap shop (window tint places should do this) and get it wrapped as suggested- I think they can even do carbon fiber like wrap ! Looks like that solution will last longer ...