C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Servicing checklist/procedures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2015 | 08:22 PM

C200
Servicing checklist/procedures

Hi all,

So, I recently had the family car serviced at 77k miles by a garage recommended by a friend, didn't have have a good feeling after I picked it up, as if they hadn't done a good job. The other 3 services were done by MB prior to this one, latest before this done at 64k miles.

Apparently, the following was changed below, I paid out £240 for this.

Full service and check over, oil filter, 5w/30 oil, air filter, pollen filter, brake cleaner, engine flush, fuel conditioner, all lights and levels, full check over, tyre pressures, clear service indicator.

A lot of that stuff, to my little knowledge is hard to tell if it's been changed or not.

Anyway, to the point, from now on I'd like to perform the service myself, can anyone list all the procedures one can perform? i.e. coolant flush and refill? oil filter and oil change?

Then I'll start familiarising myself and getting the equipment/parts I need, I can't wait to get the job done to proper standards.

Last edited by DiNZi; 06-20-2015 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-21-2015 | 12:43 AM

2013 c350 Coupe
There's a great DIY sticky at the top of this forum:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-together.html

I don't have a maintenance guide, so unfortunately I can't help with recommended dates / KM's for some of the work that needs to be done.

If you want to spot check the work done, I suppose you can check the air filters and if you got some time on your hands the cabin filter as well. Oil should look clear still, so you can check that as well.

Do you know the exact brand of motor oil he used? MB approved oils can be found here:

https://bevo.mercedes-benz.com/bevolisten/229.5_en.html

Reference this list with the brand of the 5W30 oil used by your mechanic to ensure everything is OK. Finally, ask him if the oil filter used was made of fleece or paper. A paper filter will work, but your oil change will not last the extended, 12 month / 19K KM normally quoted to you by your MB dealer. Along with the proper oil, the key is the OEM fleece filter, and without it, your oil changes must be done more regularly.

Just curious, what's an engine flush and why did you need fuel conditioner? Sorry, I see MB's as this big, complex piece of machinery, so I try to avoid anything foreign to me.
Old 06-21-2015 | 06:23 AM

C200
Ok, thanks will try and check out the filters.

Now, after reading some people are mentioning it's not required to do an engine flush and may cause more harm than good. How come?

I'm going to service it myself hopefully just before the winter, anything I can do to void out the engine flush solution used, or just oil and filter will do the job? As you can remove oil from dipstick hold and from the valve at the bottom of the car, could you use any liquid to wash it out?

Last edited by DiNZi; 06-21-2015 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-14-2015 | 08:41 AM

C200
Anyone help with downloading manuals for my car? I'd like to know things such as Engine Oil capacity and type I should be using like 5W-30, 0W-40 ect.. Also, maybe details on coolant and other fluids. Thanks

Or, hopefully even easier there is site with all of this information specially for my car.