C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Speaker Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2015 | 10:48 AM

2018 AMG C43 Coupe
Speaker Issue

Hey all,

I was thinking of bring my car in for service but wanted to run it by you all to see if there was something specific I could ask them to check.

Car is a 2013 c300 by the way.

I have been having semi-regular speaker issues. The speaker in question I believe is the drivers side "lower one". There is a speaker up by the side mirror (that I believe is fine) and then their is a circular Harman Kardon one lower down.

I think the lower one is cutting in and out. But maybe not all the way? Is it possible that the base can be having a problem through that speaker but the treble can come though? Sometimes I have driving and all of a sudden, the base gets better on my side. The music instantly feels "full" and sounds great.

I have actually listened to a song and put the balance all the way to the drivers side. Then listed to the same song and put the balance all the way to the passenger. It seems that the drivers side is not putting out a lot.

I know that trying to show this to the shop is going to be tough since it doesn't really happen on command but it seems to be getting worse over the last month or doing it more often.

The car is under warrenty but just wondering if any of you had a suggestion as to what I can tell them to try/check or if they don't notice what I am talking about can I have them just replace the speaker?

Thanks!
Old 06-26-2015 | 01:33 PM

2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
If the sound from that speaker drops out and you lose the full soundstage you normally have that speaker or the wiring to it or the HU or amplifier itself is at fault. the repair could be expensive, so I would have it fixed sooner rather than later under warranty. Good luck.