C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

low beam problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
low beam problems

So first I had an issue with the left low beam not working, so in order to see if it was the bulb problem, I took out the right low beam bulb and was tried swapping it. Now both left and right low beam doesn't seem to work... even after swapping back to their previous sides. I keep getting error messages from the car. Do you think its the bulb problem or a problem with wiring. Maybe tugged on it too hard or something. Has anyone encountered this situation?
Old 06-27-2015, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes C300
The Can-bus system on our cars is a bit dumb, When the system notices that a bulb is out because of the sudden lack of power consumption, it should start sending flickering signals to the bulb in question until it turns on. However, from personal experience that doesnt happen all the time. Sometimes, when the system knows that a bulb is out it doesn't send any power at all. I had that happened to me, what i did was,

1. Turn of car
2. Insert new (Working Bulb)
3. Turn Off Car
4. Insert a different bulb.
5. Repeat until it turns on

I would suggest resetting the electrical system (If it was possible) but i have no idea if that would work or how to do it.