C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Whistling/Whining noise accelerating from stop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250
Whistling/Whining noise accelerating from stop

This question was buried at the end of another thread.

My new 2012 C 250 Sport makes a high pitched whistling/whining noise when starting from a total stop. I don't hear it any more when car gets up to highway speed. Only is audible under 2000 rpm I believe. Road noise masks it after that. This is my first turbo car so I don't know what to expect as far as the sound of the car.

Otherwise the car seems to have plenty of zip and drives much better in S mode. Transmission always seems to search for right gear after slowing down and then accelerating around a corner or offramp. There seems to be a lot of posts about the C 250 transmission.

If anyone has had the whistling/whining noise please let me know what fixed it. My car is a CPO so it's kind of demoralizing with my first Mercedes.

I Don't look forward to the dealer service department.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250
Took my car to dealer service department. I drove with Tech around the block and he said that it was normal turbo sound. Like I had mentioned, this is my first Turbo. Didn't know what to expect. I had thought I would only hear the turbo when jumping on the accelerator and it would kick in