C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

AMG Wheel Change Questions!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 06:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 Mercedes-Benz C350 4Matic
AMG Wheel Change Questions!!!

Hello everyone, hope you guys can help me out here:

I have a 18'' AMG wheel cracked and it's too expensive to get a new one. So I am thinking to change the all 4 rims and keep the same tires.

It's 2010 Mercedes C350 4Matic

Current AMG Wheels are:

Front 18*8 ET 50
Rear 18*8.5 ET 54

And the tires I still want to keep are:

Front 225/40R18
Rear 255/35R18

I called the dealership and they said if I want to keep the tires, the new wheels I will buy need to be size "18*8" and "18*8.5" as they were, otherwise, the tire won't fit.
But they have no idea but the ET value, since all the new rims I find can't have 50 or 54.

Anyone can help me out? What ET value I should choose? Thanks,
Old 09-09-2015, 10:27 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
C300 sport
I don't even know what ET value is, but look into Powerwheels Pro, there have been some good experiences with members on this forums.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Rodpwnz
I don't even know what ET value is, but look into Powerwheels Pro, there have been some good experiences with members on this forums.
It's the offset value. +50 front and +54 rear are the ones I have now and the same Mercedes recommend.

But for the ones I am gonna purchase, their offsets are not even close to that. Some of them are like +32, +40 and even some of front ones are larger then the rear ones...... Which is driving me crazy now....
Old 09-10-2015, 08:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C300, 2013 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by GoSuckMyTites
It's the offset value. +50 front and +54 rear are the ones I have now and the same Mercedes recommend.

But for the ones I am gonna purchase, their offsets are not even close to that. Some of them are like +32, +40 and even some of front ones are larger then the rear ones...... Which is driving me crazy now....
ET is how far they will stick out. The OEMs are around 50/54, which means they sit inside the wheel well, with the rears sticking out slightly more than the fronts (4mm on each side + .25 inches from the extra wheel diameter). A 32 or 40 will be flush, or maybe even slightly outside the fender (sticking out roughly 2cm more than stock on each side). The tires will fit these wheels, but you need to go call a few tire stores and make sure they won't rub on the inside of the wheel well. Rubbing isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when you have a nice mercedes, it's something you don't want to deal it (gets really annoying and just sounds really cheap). Leave it to the ricers and the big trucks.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by ilumunus
ET is how far they will stick out. The OEMs are around 50/54, which means they sit inside the wheel well, with the rears sticking out slightly more than the fronts (4mm on each side + .25 inches from the extra wheel diameter). A 32 or 40 will be flush, or maybe even slightly outside the fender (sticking out roughly 2cm more than stock on each side). The tires will fit these wheels, but you need to go call a few tire stores and make sure they won't rub on the inside of the wheel well. Rubbing isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when you have a nice mercedes, it's something you don't want to deal it (gets really annoying and just sounds really cheap). Leave it to the ricers and the big trucks.

How about this?
http://www.1010tires.com/Wheels/DAI+.../Machined+Face

Since I want to keep the tires, this is the best I can find, ET 45 and 42.

And according to here: http://www.wheel-size.com/size/merce...rim-c-350-eudm

Seems OEM Wheel ET could be from 39-58, is that correct?
Old 09-10-2015, 10:24 AM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
2010 C350 Sport
My current set of wheels were +40 front and rear, I had to have the rears milled to +45 because they stuck out too much. Now the front and rear are perfectly flush. Anything less than these two offsets will stick out past the fender.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C300, 2013 C63 AMG
How about this?
http://www.1010tires.com/Wheels/DAI+.../Machined+Face

Since I want to keep the tires, this is the best I can find, ET 45 and 42.

And according to here: http://www.wheel-size.com/size/merce...rim-c-350-eudm

Seems OEM Wheel ET could be from 39-58, is that correct?
OEM ET is from 39-58 yes, but the 39s are found on the actual AMGs, which have a body which is up to like 8" wider than the normal W204s, and have the room/suspension/axle setup for those kinds of wheels that stick out. Like look at the black series, it has 39s I think, but its like a solid 8" wider than the C300.

I think a 45 and 42 should be fine, but if you hit a nice pothole taking a good turn I'm sure it would rub a bit, but that could probably happen regardless (and I'd be more worried about your front bumper scraping the pothole. Besides, rubbing tires isn't really bad for the car, it's just irritating if it happens too often). Also, I personally think it would look sweet because I like having the back wheels stick out a bit more!

Also the reason that the dealer knew nothing about ET is because OEM wheels only come in one ET, they don't have different models. You have to do that research on your own and go and order whichever style you want when you're ready, or you can go online and find replicas on ebay or powerwheelspro with the right setup/ET.

Last edited by ilumunus; 09-10-2015 at 10:34 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 09-10-2015, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Shimee
My current set of wheels were +40 front and rear, I had to have the rears milled to +45 because they stuck out too much. Now the front and rear are perfectly flush. Anything less than these two offsets will stick out past the fender.
Thanks man, that's really helpful. just kind of hard to find these offset rims to fit the current tires that I have.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by ilumunus
OEM ET is from 39-58 yes, but the 39s are found on the actual AMGs, which have a body which is up to like 8" wider than the normal W204s, and have the room/suspension/axle setup for those kinds of wheels that stick out. Like look at the black series, it has 39s I think, but its like a solid 8" wider than the C300.

I think a 45 and 42 should be fine, but if you hit a nice pothole taking a good turn I'm sure it would rub a bit, but that could probably happen regardless (and I'd be more worried about your front bumper scraping the pothole. Besides, rubbing tires isn't really bad for the car, it's just irritating if it happens too often). Also, I personally think it would look sweet because I like having the back wheels stick out a bit more!

Also the reason that the dealer knew nothing about ET is because OEM wheels only come in one ET, they don't have different models. You have to do that research on your own and go and order whichever style you want when you're ready, or you can go online and find replicas on ebay or powerwheelspro with the right setup/ET.
Thanks so much for the details!! Very through. I figured as close as the OEM offset should be the safest to go.
I might also go for a mechanic to see if he can fix the rim crack for me.

Thanks everyone! Much appreciated!
Old 09-10-2015, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
Hello everyone, hope you guys can help me out here: I have a 18'' AMG wheel cracked and it's too expensive to get a new one. So I am thinking to change the all 4 rims and keep the same tires. It's 2010 Mercedes C350 4Matic Current AMG Wheels are: Front 18*8 ET 50 Rear 18*8.5 ET 54 And the tires I still want to keep are: Front 225/40R18 Rear 255/35R18 I called the dealership and they said if I want to keep the tires, the new wheels I will buy need to be size "18*8" and "18*8.5" as they were, otherwise, the tire won't fit. But they have no idea but the ET value, since all the new rims I find can't have 50 or 54. Anyone can help me out? What ET value I should choose? Thanks,
I have some 18 inch and wheels I could sell you for 1000
Attached Thumbnails AMG Wheel Change Questions!!!-image-1781460304.jpg