C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Fixing Bumper Scrapes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C300, 2016 C300
Fixing Bumper Scrapes

Hey guys, apologies in advance if this is somewhere else in the forum. My C300 was parked at the train station and I came back to it after work and someone scraped my driver's side bumper. The side marker lamp was cracked (still works) but there's some scratches that have gone down into the primer. Luckily my car is black so its hard even to notice in direct sunlight unless you're looking for it and scrutinizing, but its a lease and though the scratches would be covered up by the credit card test there's a number of them, I don't want to take the chance and have more headaches at turn-in. Have any of you fixed them with any kits available online and how successful was the result? I'm not looking for a flawless fix...passable at turn-in would be fine.

Sidenote: this is my first MB lease. How critical are they at turn-in? What is the process like? I've read the material on the MBFS site but wasn't really satisfied with the info...what were your experiences?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-05-2015, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts
2013 C250 Sport
I leased a Nissan once and I was expecting to get charged for some excessive wear and tear. There were some carpet stains, and bad paint scratches on the tailgate. Much to my surprise they actually gave me money back at the end of the lease. I don't recall but it may have been a deposit or something like that.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 323 Likes on 248 Posts
2012 E550 v8-Biturbo
Originally Posted by aambulo
Have any of you fixed them with any kits available online and how successful was the result? I'm not looking for a flawless fix...passable at turn-in would be fine.

I have used Dr. Color Chip with good results. It won't fill in the scratch, but the paint will make the scratch much less noticeable. It's pretty easy to use also.