C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Tuning software??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C300 (daily), '08 C6Z (becauseracecar)
Tuning software??

So, I've searched and only come up with mail order and ecu shipping options...

Is there any standalone PC based tuning software available for MB? Or is it just handheld flash scanners?
I already own a wideband monitoring system and can tune myself. We tuned our 750hp Corvette...think I could take care of a little 250hp DI V6, np...

Thanks!
Old 12-17-2015, 07:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
Most credible MB tunes tend to be chip based and require specialized files,software knowledge and tools to virginize\flash the chip(s). Therefore the answer to your question is NO!!What parameters do you want to change in the ECU???
Old 12-27-2015, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C300 (daily), '08 C6Z (becauseracecar)
Originally Posted by Plutoe
Most credible MB tunes tend to be chip based and require specialized files,software knowledge and tools to virginize\flash the chip(s). Therefore the answer to your question is NO!!What parameters do you want to change in the ECU???
Thanks. It's those "specialized tools" I'm looking for.

I already own this...https://www.efilive.com/product-info...ve-tuning-tool ...but doesn't work for MB, obviously. And this...http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php...that would, provided I could locate the correct reader, CANBUS mods, or FlashScan interface.

I would like to change timing and fuel tables...the whole point. But a $1000 tune for 20hp, when I could easily do it myself, seems a bit steep. Plus, I've been tuning on LS V8's for a few years, and I'd like to learn the MB software. For all intents, my garage is already a one-car tuning shop, sans dyno. lol!

I didn't know if there was some sort of PC interface software via OBD2 that would allow me to reflash the ecm. ie, MegaSquirt, HPTuners, or EFI Live, etc.

I don't want a canned tune from a shop that doesn't give two damns about my car. I want to personally street/dyno tune my own car with whatever mods I decide to put on it. I'm not going to add an obnoxious exhaust or $4k worth of cams to this little workhorse v6, that even if I max it out, would be lucky to see 300hp...and it's a daily, so definitely not sending the ecm off in the mail for weeks.
But I would like to do some light porting work and be able to quantify any gains with correcting the software, learn it, and perhaps get crazy with an AMG one of these days.

I'm just not so good that I can build a graphical interface for it in my garage. Lol!

No big deal...like I said, it's a daily. If I want to go fast, guess I'll just have to stick to my race car.

Last edited by filmjay; 01-02-2016 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:06 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C260
tune software

Originally Posted by filmjay
So, I've searched and only come up with mail order and ecu shipping options...

Is there any standalone PC based tuning software available for MB? Or is it just handheld flash scanners?
I already own a wideband monitoring system and can tune myself. We tuned our 750hp Corvette...think I could take care of a little 250hp DI V6, np...

Thanks!
hi
for tornado tune box we do provide tune software with usb cable but is only avaible for turbo charged cars
Attached Thumbnails Tuning software??-img_0703.jpg