C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

radio not fucntionning after batterie change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c 300 2008 4matic sport
radio not fucntionning after batterie change

hey guys..own a 2008 c 300 sport edition

The good old faithfull oem batterie gave out today ...so...

I replaced it today and after replacing it ..I noticed the car dying right after starting..checked the fuses and fuel pump (42) fuse was shot..swapped it and everything was good until I noticed the stereo is not working or even illuminated.I checked every fuse in the vehicule (motor box and trunk box fuses)they all check out on the multimeter and seem fine!

In the cluster audio menu it says "-----" and I am not able to enter or do anything

has this ever happened to any of you? is there possibly another fuse in back of the radio? any solutions ..thanks!
Old 01-04-2016, 05:30 PM

c 300 2008 4matic sport
okay..sorry for wasting your time, i decided to adventure myself in taking out the stereo and there was a 10ohm fuse in the back of the stereo unit! it was shot...replaced it and everything is back to normal..so heads up if this happens to anybody else...

to replace simply remove air conditionning vents, remove both screws and lock clips on top of stereo ...pull stereo unit out and then disconnect main connector..once the connector is removed, you will have acces to the fuse (bottom left corner of stereo) simply replace and re-assemble!
Old 01-06-2016, 11:03 PM

2010 C300 4Matic Sport
No apology necessary. I never knew there was a fuse back there. It's nice when someone fixes a problem and lets the rest of us know how.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts
2013 C250 Sport
Nice work! I wonder what made it blow? I've seen battery changes get all kinds of modern cars messed up. Sometimes the power fluctuations can get computers and electronics in odd states.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:48 PM

2008 W204 C280 Elegence 2008 W204 C200 Kompressor
Originally Posted by Ryan Savoie
okay..sorry for wasting your time, i decided to adventure myself in taking out the stereo and there was a 10ohm fuse in the back of the stereo unit! it was shot...replaced it and everything is back to normal..so heads up if this happens to anybody else...

to replace simply remove air conditionning vents, remove both screws and lock clips on top of stereo ...pull stereo unit out and then disconnect main connector..once the connector is removed, you will have acces to the fuse (bottom left corner of stereo) simply replace and re-assemble!
Hi Ryan,

Thanks so much for the post....had the same problem and after replacing the radio fuse I noticed that the Eject button is no more functioning together with the Volume knob and looks like the background light around the buttons of the Radio. I don't know if you encountered any sort of problem like mine.