C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

My findings with variant coding tweaks and throttle delay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 09:51 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
C300 sport
Originally Posted by newmbmarko
OKAY!!! I just met up with Funkwagen a couple of hours ago...............MY CAR FEELS LIKE A WILD BEAST OUT OF HELL!! this change is priceless. I don't mean to rub it in but god damn the car feels like it has no lag in corners, straights its honestly a world of difference it feels like a new car. I took the extra long way home down some winding country roads and damn it flys now, in corners, passing people. its not a slug anymore its so consistent. Im still in shock a 10 minute change made me fall in love with the car all over again. (never lost the love but the lag was annoying and awful in corners).

I haven't had a chance to drive in E mode as i quickly put it in sport.

in sport mode its so zippy now so much power and the torque is amazing what a change. it feel like it knocked 2 seconds of the 0-100 time because there was no lag the power is instant and it just keeps going. I love the change and highly recommend if any one lives close to these two guys drive down pay what ever they ask and get this done(of course only if they offer it to others). once you drive the car you feel the difference and it puts a smile on your face. I could not be happier If people would like an update after a few days ill let you all know but I might not be able to respond as fast I feel like going on a spirited long ride lol.

THANKS AGAIN Funkwagen!

This makes me excited! I'm happy you were able to get it done! Please do update us after you've had more time to enjoy your revitalized w204!
Old 03-16-2016, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts
2013 C250 Sport
OKAY!!! I just met up with Funkwagen a couple of hours ago...............MY CAR FEELS LIKE A WILD BEAST OUT OF HELL!! this change is priceless. I don't mean to rub it in but god damn the car feels like it has no lag in corners, straights its honestly a world of difference it feels like a new car. I took the extra long way home down some winding country roads and damn it flys now, in corners, passing people. its not a slug anymore its so consistent. Im still in shock a 10 minute change made me fall in love with the car all over again. (never lost the love but the lag was annoying and awful in corners).

I haven't had a chance to drive in E mode as i quickly put it in sport.

in sport mode its so zippy now so much power and the torque is amazing what a change. it feel like it knocked 2 seconds of the 0-100 time because there was no lag the power is instant and it just keeps going. I love the change and highly recommend if any one lives close to these two guys drive down pay what ever they ask and get this done(of course only if they offer it to others). once you drive the car you feel the difference and it puts a smile on your face. I could not be happier If people would like an update after a few days ill let you all know but I might not be able to respond as fast I feel like going on a spirited long ride lol.

THANKS AGAIN Funkwagen!
Have you driven any W205s? They have that feeling going for them, especially in Sports and Sports+ mode. However, when my 2013 C250 wants to cooperate if feels as good if not better than a 2016 C300.

I can be in S mode and stomp on the gas only to have a sluggish start off the line. If I put it in neutral first and gun the engine a few times it surges off the line like a W205 in S+ mode.

I don't like revving my engine like that in neutral but it really does make the car responsive and jumpy.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 118 Likes on 109 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by Rodpwnz
This makes me excited! I'm happy you were able to get it done! Please do update us after you've had more time to enjoy your revitalized w204!
Day:2 I can say I drove about 120km all around town today and was loving it.

I was skeptical but once you drive the car it forces you to believe.

It's especially nice in the C300 the power is instant now and it just keeps going absolutely love it. The car goes when you hit the gas now it doesn't think its so consistent in both E and sport. When you hit a corner the car accelerates though and doesn't slow you down and cut power like before its how they should of made the car in the first place.

When you step on it in the 4Matic it just puts you back in your seat and grips the road hard I don't even know how to explain it. Its more of a joy to drive its like a sling shot in corners now.

The best way to describe it is when you get in your car(put it in sport mode) it would be like a 50-50 chance that your car wouldn't hesitate when it doesn't you love it and are very happy. with the mod its 100% GO no hesitation always happy i hope it stay like this forever and no issues come up Funk and xEryx have had this done for a while no with no issues so its looking very very good.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I havent driven the w205 yet unfortunately but I'm sure on my next service ill request one just to test it out. i've read mixed reviews on them so i'd like to see for myself. So far with this the sluggishness is eliminated. I think this should be on everyones priority list its that good.

My car feels jumpy now also the the feel of the gas peddle is different its more responsive to touch kind of feeling. its a once you touch it is goes kind of feeling

Last edited by MB Marko; 03-16-2016 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:48 AM

2014 CLS63 S AMG
It is difficult to express, but if you've ever experienced the lag, imagine it completely gone and on top of that the car is willing to be more on the edge.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 C250 Sport
I havent driven the w205 yet unfortunately but I'm sure on my next service ill request one just to test it out. i've read mixed reviews on them so i'd like to see for myself. So far with this the sluggishness is eliminated. I think this should be on everyones priority list its that good.

My car feels jumpy now also the the feel of the gas peddle is different its more responsive to touch kind of feeling. its a once you touch it is goes kind of feeling
I have mixed feeling on the new model too. Some things about it are much nicer but I'm not fond of the overall styling. The agility modes are very well done and predictable within the individual settings. S+ is actually too aggressive for normal driving.

But transitioning back to my car now I'm noticing the unpredictability. I'm contemplating a drive over to London Canada, lol. It's only 1500 miles.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:09 PM

2014 CLS63 S AMG
That is only about 24 hours of non stop driving, good luck!
Old 03-19-2016, 10:11 AM

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
2009 C63 AMG, 2010 C250 4Matic Sport
i hope it stay like this forever and no issues come up Funk and xEryx have had this done for a while no with no issues so its looking very very good.

It will! I've had it this way since early January, hasn't lost it's edge at all. I was worried for a little bit that it was losing its edge a little bit, but I found out was completely wrong about that after driving my dads stock c250 for a comparison. I'd just gotten used to it

Originally Posted by michail71
I'm contemplating a drive over to London Canada, lol. It's only 1500 miles.
Well I mean, I'd definitely give you a discount if you went all that way for it, but that's quite a lot of driving for such a "small" thing!

I'm not sure I'd encourage you to do that, though. I'm confident that it'd make a difference for the m271 as well, but I have no way of telling, until I'm able to make the changes to a 1.8L turbo C250. It's a different ECU, but there are similar parameters.

If there's anyone closer to London/Toronto that has a 1.8L C250 and has any interest, I'd be willing to meet up to test it out

Last edited by Funkwagen; 03-19-2016 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:15 AM

C300 sport
Only 2,600 miles to London, ON from my location!

I'm seriously contemplating buying a Chinese clone kit and if there is enough interest to split the cost, share it around. I really don't want to spend more than I could have on a tune ($500).

My private contact for the system has sold his kit, and I have found a new one who might be willing to let me rent it for the same price, maybe less. The local shop I inquired about probably still wants to charge me $160 base price to get the machine connected and running, and they would probably love to make it harder than it really is in order to squeeze more out of me lol.

The more I hear about the results, the more I am tempted to either just buy my own kit or get it done locally for cheap.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

so Update its been a week and I'm still in love hahaha I can't wait to get my x-pipe installed now and hear how that sounds. I think ill be trying to accelerate quick at every light just to hear the sound(even though its a pretty ok sound now).

Its funny because I'm so use to it now.... I went to test drive another C300 with a friend and I let him try mine after he right away noticed the difference. (he's defiantly leaning toward the C300 and he said this is the number one Mod that he wants to get done. So Funkwagen i'll probably see you again in the future I'll PM you when the time comes.

It just really improved the cars over feel.

Rodpwnz when i got it done Funkwagen can vouch for me I instantly said holy ****! smiling like an idiot. after that I was just in love with it I'm sure when xEryx and Funk made the changes for the first time and drove their cars they must of both been smiling too.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 C250 Sport
Originally Posted by Funkwagen
It will! I've had it this way since early January, hasn't lost it's edge at all. I was worried for a little bit that it was losing its edge a little bit, but I found out was completely wrong about that after driving my dads stock c250 for a comparison. I'd just gotten used to it

Well I mean, I'd definitely give you a discount if you went all that way for it, but that's quite a lot of driving for such a "small" thing!

I'm not sure I'd encourage you to do that, though. I'm confident that it'd make a difference for the m271 as well, but I have no way of telling, until I'm able to make the changes to a 1.8L turbo C250. It's a different ECU, but there are similar parameters.

If there's anyone closer to London/Toronto that has a 1.8L C250 and has any interest, I'd be willing to meet up to test it out
I'm sure it will help too. I guess it becomes a matter of the differences in the settings.

I don't like doing this but if I gun the car while in neutral a couple times it becomes extremely responsive and jumpy, much like a high strung thoroughbred. It's similar to S+ on a W205 car. So the car is quite capable.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:41 PM

2014 CLS63 S AMG
Rodpwnz when i got it done Funkwagen can vouch for me I instantly said holy ****! smiling like an idiot. after that I was just in love with it I'm sure when xEryx and Funk made the changes for the first time and drove their cars they must of both been smiling too.
Wasn't too bad, I was only yelling and doing 70 in a 45 back road and 50+ through 35 turns.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by xEryx
Wasn't too bad, I was only yelling and doing 70 in a 45 back road and 50+ through 35 turns.
Hahaha! I knew I was somewhat right. I'm sure we all love going into a turn with full power, then hitting the apex and having instant acceleration no throttle lag or power cut. sorry to rub it in.... but I had to hahaha
Old 03-22-2016, 07:27 PM

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts
2022 AMG GT 53, 2020 Sl450. Did drive 2018 S450
After my last attempt and hearing all this good news I'd like to give it another shot. Can you share your setup? what h/w, what s/w, laptop etc?
Old 03-23-2016, 12:13 AM

C300 sport
I'm meeting a seller on craigslist tomorrow to test his verified C3 XENTRY/DAS system on my C300. If it works for my intended purpose, then I can either buy it from him for $650 or request to rent it for $50-$100. If anyone else on these forums wants in on this, I am willing to buy it outright if the price can be split at least 3 ways between us. I really hope it works!
Old 03-23-2016, 06:13 AM

2014 CLS63 S AMG
Originally Posted by Merserybenze
After my last attempt and hearing all this good news I'd like to give it another shot. Can you share your setup? what h/w, what s/w, laptop etc?
I am not sure that mine would be any easier to figure out, but is definitely easier on the wallet!
I have this tool: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-...5-ba951f7b8c19
I have it setup to my MSI GS60 laptop through USB adapter that they provide. It would essentially be the same thing as you have already experienced except that you could use it on any laptop, but you have to set up the USB side of things as well. Software comes in an external which I copied to my laptop and have it always available.

Regardless of tool, you will still run into those the same issues you ran into with the previous tool diag refused, connection failed, etc. the only thing that has changed is the connection tool.

Last edited by xEryx; 03-23-2016 at 06:18 AM.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 316 Likes on 243 Posts
2012 E550 v8-Biturbo

They list Xentry, but not Vediamo.

You used Vediamo, correct? Which version?
Old 03-24-2016, 06:46 AM

2014 CLS63 S AMG
Vediamo is never included. The only downside to this cheap kit is that it only supports Vediamo 4.3 or something.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:56 PM

C300 sport
So I met with the seller, and he let me test it out in my car but he had a very recent version of Xentry/DAS installed, I believe the march 2015 edition, and it required an internet connection to get to where I wanted. He hinted at having me purchase it that day and then try to get to work for a few days and if it doesn't, he would take it back. Although he was a nice guy, I didn't want to take my chances. It was a Dell laptop with the language set to Russian. If I were to drop that kind of money on a setup, I would at least get it off ebay where I can return it if things don't work out. He told me he actually got his off Ebay for $850.

We tried to connect to wifi but I don't think the drivers for the wifi card were even installed so we couldn't get it to work. Ethernet might have been a solution but I wasn't prepared or really inclined to go through all the work to get that going just for as test run. Besides, even if i got the internet connection working, I was bound to run into some of issues. Like even being able to change the parameters without errors.

I may call him to make a payment through paypal and see what I can do with the system for a few days. I may need this thread's assistance!
Old 03-25-2016, 09:57 AM

so Update its been a week and I'm still in love hahaha I can't wait to get my x-pipe installed now and hear how that sounds. I think ill be trying to accelerate quick at every light just to hear the sound(even though its a pretty ok sound now).

Its funny because I'm so use to it now.... I went to test drive another C300 with a friend and I let him try mine after he right away noticed the difference. (he's defiantly leaning toward the C300 and he said this is the number one Mod that he wants to get done. So Funkwagen i'll probably see you again in the future I'll PM you when the time comes.

It just really improved the cars over feel.

Can confirm this reaction, and even as a passenger I could feel the difference in comparison to my mothers stock C300. I'm glad we had the same reaction, it confirms that I'm definitely onto something here

Originally Posted by michail71
I'm sure it will help too. I guess it becomes a matter of the differences in the settings.

I don't like doing this but if I gun the car while in neutral a couple times it becomes extremely responsive and jumpy, much like a high strung thoroughbred. It's similar to S+ on a W205 car. So the car is quite capable.
I'm pretty sure that's the horrid throttle damping working it's magic. If you do the opposite - moving in slow traffic constantly just tapping the gas pedal - you'll probably notice the car transform into a slug. You won't need to gun it in neutral to get that feeling if you get this done

Originally Posted by Rodpwnz
So I met with the seller, and he let me test it out in my car but he had a very recent version of Xentry/DAS installed, I believe the march 2015 edition, and it required an internet connection to get to where I wanted. He hinted at having me purchase it that day and then try to get to work for a few days and if it doesn't, he would take it back. Although he was a nice guy, I didn't want to take my chances. It was a Dell laptop with the language set to Russian. If I were to drop that kind of money on a setup, I would at least get it off ebay where I can return it if things don't work out. He told me he actually got his off Ebay for $850.

We tried to connect to wifi but I don't think the drivers for the wifi card were even installed so we couldn't get it to work. Ethernet might have been a solution but I wasn't prepared or really inclined to go through all the work to get that going just for as test run. Besides, even if i got the internet connection working, I was bound to run into some of issues. Like even being able to change the parameters without errors.

I may call him to make a payment through paypal and see what I can do with the system for a few days. I may need this thread's assistance!
Sounds like the guy doesn't have much experience with the system. Don't pay any extra money to get the online authorization for SCN coding through Xentry, the same can be done with Vediamo offline. Xentry has been locked down since the 2011 version of the software and requires online coding for just about everything, so Vediamo is the go-to for doing it. If someone doesn't have Vediamo set up, they likely can't make these changes. I've not had any success trying to change these in Xentry/DAS

Now, I feel like I need to say this again to prevent a lot of headaches and wasted money: If you have no prior experience with the diagnostics hardware, Xentry, DAS, or Vediamo I STRONGLY encourage you not to try it yourself. Getting everything set up can be an absolute nightmare if you don't know exactly what to do. It took me almost a week to get everything working, and I have a strong background working with computers. I can't offer to make a guide on how to set it up, either. There's so many variables for each hardware/software setup that it's literally impossible to make a one-size-fits all guide. I could make one, you could follow it word by word, and you can still end up with a setup that doesn't work. I can't even link you to the same kit I bought in hopes that it'll work for you, I'm using a custom VMware setup that was not included with the kit. Your best bet is to hopefully find someone locally who has experience working with Vediamo, not Xentry specifically. I'll feel bad if a bunch of people here buy expensive multiplexers and have no luck getting things to work in order to do these mods.

Last edited by Funkwagen; 03-25-2016 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:28 AM

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts
2022 AMG GT 53, 2020 Sl450. Did drive 2018 S450
agree with Funk. I'm pretty IT savvy but I could not get Vediamo working in two weeks of trying. Had only two weeks as I had a 2 week free return of the equipment i bought. I was close (with help from Funk and xEryx) but ran out of time. I will try again when I find a unit available that offers a 30 day money back or is actually fully configured to work.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:26 PM

Well unfortunately I won't be able to do this for anyone any time soon. My car was broken into last night and it just happened that I'd left it in my trunk, so my multiplexer is gone. Significant damage to my trunk lid and rear bumper, too. They used a crowbar. Someone knew it might be in there.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:37 PM

2014 CLS63 S AMG
Well unfortunately I won't be able to do this for anyone any time soon. My car was broken into last night and it just happened that I'd left it in my trunk, so my multiplexer is gone. Significant damage to my trunk lid and rear bumper, too. They used a crowbar. Someone knew it might be in there.
Wow that sucks. Have you been playing with it in public? Maybe they thought it was an OEM that cost 10k
Old 03-28-2016, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

no way funk that sucks huge! sorry to hear! My buddy was going to go put a down payment on this c300 tomorrow I was going to PM you and set up a time to meet up and get this done for him. hopefully the police can catch the *******s responsible!
Old 03-28-2016, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 C250 Sport
That sucks

They probably don't even know the value or purpose for what was stolen and will sell it for a couple dollars.

I had left my car unlocked a few nights ago. Come to find someone had gotten in the car, put makeup on and used the cigarette lighter. Who the $&^% does that?

What's really strange is nothing was taken from the my car. I'm not sure if I should be happy or upset about that, lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My findings with variant coding tweaks and throttle delay